SRT Experience?

K

Kaya

Have any of you been...my husband has been to Skip Barber already and they raced the mini indy style cars. How is the course? Any comments appreciated. I would like to go this summer once I get my car.

Fadi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have any of you been...my husband has been to Skip Barber already and they raced the mini indy style cars. How is the course? Any comments appreciated. I would like to go this summer once I get my car.

This can't be the wonderful Kaya that I know, can it??

OP
OP
K

Kaya

Ohh YEAH BABY!!!!! You driving that car the way it's meant to be driven? I guess Rudy and I will be meeting up with you next at a Viper event! I could not get a Z06 for a reasonable price...so a good friend is giving me a screaming deal on a 2006 Viper Coupe. I was scheduled to get Black but now I am getting GTS Blue....

Tell me about your car and about the differences between the vette and viper. How do you like it? How have you been?

Hugs and Love, Kaya

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the differences huge(torque that is), the gizmos bells and whistles almost non-existant ownership of a viper is an experience that cannot be equaled. get to know the car learn yours and it's capabilites. there is a lot of rope in these cars, remember snakes can bite.

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
oh you meant the driving school learning car control will boost your abilities and confidence greatly. check with you local PCA(porsche club of america) they are generally pretty avid track people and they may have a local driver ed. so you dont have to travel(they do have instructor). i will warn you that road course driving is addicting

OP
OP
K

Kaya

With the purchase of a Viper after April 05 the owner actually gets a FREE (Paid for in the purchase of a Viper) one day driving school at Skip Barber.....

VERY COOL! Have any of you taken advantage of this? I have been to a driving course and I wasn't impressed...but I heard Skip Barber is awesome. Here is a link...the info was in the Viper dealer brochure...

http://www.srttrackexperience.com/home.do

Ohh and check this out... http://www.drivesrt.com/

Keith C

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Kaya,

I went to Lime Rock on April 3rd.

1. You will drag race and slalom the Ram, Magnum, and 300C.
2. You will track the Crossfire, Jeep, and Charger (Someone crashed a Viper in Atlanta the weekend before so we could not track the Viper).
3 You will autocross the Viper and Crossfire.
4. You will take two laps on the track with an instructor driving, taking the cars to their limits. I picked the Viper and Jeep.

I had a great time and am trying to fit their high performance driving school in to my schedule. You will be amazed at what a stock Viper can do on the track. I was blown away!

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did a 3 day Skip Barber racing school a few month ago, Priceless. If you really think you want to know what it’s like racing cars, that’s the place to start. As the former post explained they are two totally different things.

Question? That one day Skip Barber school with purchase of SRT’s. Is that for purchasing pre-own Viper as well?

OP
OP
K

Kaya

It looks like the "Free" Skip Barber school is with purchase of a new SRT vehicle after 4/05. People who haven't purchased new or want to bring an extra person, you can pay $300 per person. So if you bought your Viper used you can still go, but its $300, which isn't bad. Most 1 day driving schools are this much or more.

I drag race my Z06 and I have autocrossed and tracked the Z06. I've been drag racing for about 6 years...but the school sounds fun. I am planning on having my new Viper at the drag strip as soon as I get used to driving it. I run 12.70 @114 in the Z06.

Reaction score
I suggest a Skip Barber Performance driving school to all owners of high performance cars. Skip Barber offers discounts to Viper Club Members which are very nice and will more than pay for one years membership in the VCA.

The SRT experience is not a Driving School. It is a great event to attend. Which provides a Venue to drive and enjoy the SRT line of vehicles maximizing the opportunity to expereince their performance. The event is run by a team of Skip Barber instructors.

Skip Barber http://www.skipbarber.com/ has many programs and locations around the country. Our region organizes a one day Viper Club specific program. For the details from this years school see our April "Snake Eyes Newsletter". All regional presidents get a copy or you can buy your own copy from Maurice Liang/NORCAL VCA President His e-mail address is: ([email protected])

If any region want to organize a event for their region and have questions they can contact me.

womsterr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn!!!! I did the SRT track experience here in ATL and man it was soooooo fun. ***** someone wiped the Viper here. Were they ok?

I know I got the Viper up to over 150 on the back stretch of AMSW...

Great fun...can't wait to do it again.

jk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went after getting a free session when I purchased my 300C SRT8. This one day session will just give you a taste of driving the various cars. If you have ever been to a multi-day driving school, the SRT Experience will feel quite limited. Not saying it wasn't fun, but the driver educational value is pretty limited.

prosthogod

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went in phoenix. It was a blast. The most impressive car that day to autocross was the crossfire. We only had 20 people so we had alot of one on one seatime.