SRT MGW GRIPPER SHIFTER

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just thought you guys might want to see this new shifter that I installed in less than 20 min.

6400IMGP2304-med.JPG

6400IMGP2300-med.JPG

vd..

Skip White

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got the same setup, it's nice. Doe's require a bit more pressure to shift the already stiff trans.

Skip White

Skip White

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The shift light works, but I never notice it much, and I always shift past the speed in which it operates.

Skip

ViperBran

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Couldn't help but notice, but does this car have navigation or is it just a different stereo system than the 2003? tHANKS

ViperBran

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you know the part # on that system? I have a 2003. Do you think it would fit?

Thank you.

Brandon

OP
OP
V

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I got the info from finalgts this is what we wrote in another post

Viper D, I can get one to you for 1400. (retail 1595.00)

http://www.autointell-news.com/News-2003/June-2003/June-2003-3/June-18-03-p10.htm

ViperFreak- you are entitled to your opinion, as am I. But I can tell you, the door speakers ARENT that bad. you make them out to be COMPLETE garbage. Hmm... Reputation? How about the speakers that came in Gen-2? as I recall, they didnt say China- did they sound any better? In fact, they were stamped Chrysler, and Japan- an American/European company and Japan, two things that are generally pretty good with electonics.

JKNUST

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Are the various RB1 NAV models different from make to make? You find quite a few of these RB1 NAV models for under $1K every once in awhile and on eBay.

Or, is each RB1 made specifically for each Dodge, Jeep, Chrystler, etc. automobile model (one for the Viper, one for the PT Cruiser, etc.)? When reading about these, almost every Dodge vehicle BUT the Viper is mentioned and some retailers lead you to believe any RB1 works in any vehicle.

Here is a useful link talking about the RB1 that got me wondering:
http://www.wjjeeps.com/nav.htm

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys, don't spend $1400 on a Nav setup from Dodge. Go spend a couple hundred bucks more and get the new Pioneer AVEC1 tuner -- it has built in Nav set up (with a muhc bigger screen), pumps out more power than the stock stereo so it sounds much cleaner and nicer, and has tons of features (it is the top of the line Pioneer deck right now.) I have mine controlling a 6 disc changer, XM radio, can tell you how fast you are going, what RPM's you are at, and all kinds of other non-essential stuff, but they are all neat-o.

The price in stores is usually around $2500m but you can find them online for about $1K less.

-Manny

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys, don't spend $1400 on a Nav setup from Dodge. Go spend a couple hundred bucks more and get the new Pioneer AVEC1 tuner -- it has built in Nav set up (with a muhc bigger screen), pumps out more power than the stock stereo so it sounds much cleaner and nicer, and has tons of features (it is the top of the line Pioneer deck right now.) I have mine controlling a 6 disc changer, XM radio, can tell you how fast you are going, what RPM's you are at, and all kinds of other non-essential stuff, but they are all neat-o.

The price in stores is usually around $2500m but you can find them online for about $1K less.

Very cool! I got curious about this one and looked it up. It is actually the Pioneer AVIC-N1 and is nice indeed:

http://www.m-emag.com/article.asp?section_id=13&article_id=559

http://www.engadget.com/entry/9546655008821755/

Of course I will leave mine stock for now and save the goodies for the daily driver. Still pretty awesome!

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
By the way, I like it so much that not only do I have it in my SRT-10, but I also have it in the Hummer H2, and I am putting it in my black DLM GTS.

-Manny

FLOORIN04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The shifter looks great! :D Whats up with your [******] light ,how did you change it?How do you like it?Can we get better pic of it? :2tu:

OP
OP
V

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I love the shift light, my vec 2 was modifed to control it.

Its mounted with velcrow and had a quick connect/disconnect.

vd.

Kelly06

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Viper D and others
If you get one of these nav systems, who would you trust to install it? I don't have the ability and it seens that every time I got to a shop, they screw things up. Any bay area suggestions? or any suggestions at all? If you did you own install, how about a picture by picture guide that even an idiot could follow
THANKS

OP
OP
V

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
With the dodge system that i have install is a brease no cutting just plug it in and go.

I have a pop out in my hummer and it was a pain to install and blocks my vents.

vd..

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper D ....on these nav. systems...the Dodge system needed nothing else? How about the Pioneer system?

Kelly06

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Superbar
I read the article on the pioneer system. I assume that the str 10 had enough room in the dash for the fans in the unit etc. that they talk about? Did you do the install or was it done professionally? Any problems? Where did you mount the antenna?
thanks
PS I guess there are a number of us interested in gagets, even though viper people usually disdain them