SRT prices - your predictions?

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the price on the SRT will be pretty much over MSRP for a while, due to lack of availability.

What do you guys think about the prices after the SRT's start coming out. Do you think they will sell for >MSRP in private sales? How long do you think this will last? Until several months into 2004 production, or as soon as 2004'*****? Will it outlast the 2004 model year? Will it not happen at all?

OP
OP
M

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm thinking from the point of view about getting a 2004, I guess.

If they were to come out with Yellow in 2004, I would really like to get that instead. On the other hand, I have a red 2003 coming.

I wonder if I would be better off trying to work something out with someone who is #1 for a red 2004 at a large dealer and letting them have my 2003 (so they get it earlier) and I get their #1 spot on a 2004 in my color choice, or if I would be better driving the car - putting a few thousand miles on it, and then selling it to get a 2004. If I could do that and get roughly what I paid (which will not be too much above invoice), I'd probably do that.

If I was faced with losing $10k in getting a 2004, I would keep the '03. If I was looking at a very small (or zero) investment to get a yellow 04, I would do it.

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
Mike,
I think that whatever you think will happen will happen. After all you do know everything about everything.
laugh.gif

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good question, I've been going through this with the H2 release, but I'm sure there are more informed decisions out there.

I if you are lucky enough to get one of the first 100-200 (so say you get the car this year) you will be able to sell for a nice profit, say 10-20 over sticker.

After that, there are enough people wanting to flip, and you will have seen enough on the road that I bet you can get them at list or 5k over.

Not sure how this taxes stuff will work on resales though, that may make it an automatic 5k higher for all of em.

Bottom line, I don't think anyone is gonna get rich, and I think they will be available enough to sell to those who want one.

OP
OP
M

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Devildog,

It's about time you recognized my virtues... don't sweat it though, next time we race, I'll let you win a couple as an ego-boost... thank me later!
laugh.gif

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mike Brunton:
Devildog,

It's about time you recognized my virtues... don't sweat it though, next time we race, I'll let you win a couple as an ego-boost... thank me later!
laugh.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bring it on Peabody!
BURNOUT.gif
Did they name the town after your physical stature since they already acknowledged your mental superiority?
laugh.gif

OP
OP
M

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, I moved here because I figured these sheep needed a LION amongst them!

Thank you for acknowledging my mental superiority. Now, as soon as we can establish that I'm better looking than you also, I'll have finalized my ********** over lil' Devil Dog!

rofl.gif

FASTRNU

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am #2 in line for a 2004 at Woodhouse Dodge, and I'll be getting mine for below MSRP. How much, I don't know.
Dave

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mike Brunton:
You got it Ross!!
smile.gif

Devildog, you don't really think I'm a small sized half-pint do you? That's funny
laugh.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Peabody,
You know that the brain is part of the body don't you?
rofl.gif

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude