SRT Ram 10

TOPGON

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Does the SRT Ram 10 have the same handling characteristics as the Viper SRT specifically the tendency to break the rear ties loose when power is applied in a turn? Are the same tires part of the OEM equipment?

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: SRT Ram

Duh! With 500hp on tap, sure. But then you can do that in almost any car. That's why manufacturer's dial in more understeer than oversteer in street cars.

Tires are different between the car and the truck, if that's what you were asking.

OP
OP
T

TOPGON

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Let me make it more clear the Viper's unpredictability is a flaw like it or not and my inquiry did DC do anything in engineering the RAM SRT 10 to be less of a skud missle at times? You may recall the skud would usually fire but land anywhere it pleased.

womsterr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have NEVER driven a Viper but I've read volumes about the unpredictability of the rear end breaking loose.

I have no such problem with the ram srt. She is a fairly predicatable slider. Could very well be the tires and a dampened solid rear axle. The Ram SRT has Pirelli Scorpion zeros...not runflats...

The truck is so much fun to drive I know I'm in trouble if I drive the viper. I'm very seriously considering a trade in!

poweradded

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if you think the viper breaks loose alot you have never driven anything with even 400 hp

Reaction score
The SRT10 RAM's are a 5250 to 5500 pound pickup trucks vs 3450 pound Viper. Ram vs Viper, the wheel base is different, the track, ride height, center of gravity, etc. As the owner of a couple SRT's the Ram QC and VIPER I can say they have a couple things in common the engine and smile factor. Both SRT's handle great in their segment of the market. The SRT10 Viper handling characteristic's are fantastic when piloted by an experienced performance Pilot!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery