SRT re-sale value, is there any $ there?

Daffy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I believe I'm coming to the conclusion that I'm not going to bond with my ordered SRT. So, I was wondering if there is any money out there on the re-sale of pristine SRT's. I could simply tell my dealer, nevermind & I know he'll re-sell it instantly. But, is there a market for me to go ahead and buy it, and then put it up for sale and make some scratch?

I feel it's a bit early to figure that out, but wanted to start getting opinions so I can be thinking about it.

thanks.

Dave.

BTW; I don't mean to sound like an a$$ or anything, I just don't want to pass up a shot at some benjamins if there's an opportunity - and someone gets the car they want.

OP
OP
D

Daffy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems like there's a consensus on there being some money there, and I agree there will be a sweet spot for it, which is kinda why I'm poking around now - even before I know exactly when my car is due. My thinking was, I have a deal for invoice price, if that's about $76K, plus taxes etc it's on the road for about maybe $82K +/-. If the MSRP is about $84K, but you can't get one, but want one, well, would you pay $90K or $92K? That's just a $6K-8K markup for someone who's probably doing financially well, hec the new Cobra's in my area are going for MSRP plus $4,500 surely an extra $6K or so is fair on a $83K exotic class car - maybe. They get the car they want when they want it, I get $8-10K maybe out of it & everyone goes home happy because it's pretty fair. Yes, no, maybe so.

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think a profit will be easy to come by since everyone wants the lastest and greatest and the gen 2 will be yesterdays news when the 500 hp comes out. Considering every single car is presold and the only owners being current viper owners there will be a big demand for the new snake and a short short supply, do the math. I like the gts myself, but something to consider is the hp difference on the new car to the gts is more than the difference between the gen1 and gen2 car, and that fact in itself puts it to the next level above the gts in desirability.Almost every subject on this board is how to go faster what mods to do etc. Well one easy answer is go get the new viper and you will be to the next level.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The easy money may be VERY brief. You'd better strike while the iron is hot. The major car rags are already running anti-SRT comments from the general public due to the pictures. It's a possibility these may influence those wealthy citizens who were considering paying top-dollar to think twice about buying a car that isn't the talk of the town. At $84,000 MSRP, I decided the possible profit margin would be too slim to take a chance. See below:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude