SRT Throttle Body Mod

rubbersidedown

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just letting everyone know we have found a consistent 10+ HP on our throttle body set-up. Yes, it is a ported body, but we have tested numerous programs to try and get max power from just the throttle body. No, not a huge gain but not bad for a 30 minute bolt-on! Testing was done with engine temp @ 198 both pulls, with the throttle body swap done on the dyno within 10 minutes (no dyno tricks). Car currently has exhaust and VEC-II controller (tuned in house). Forced induction guys can expect about double the gains. We are also working on an intake manifold which should be done within the month.
www.dynotuneusa.com/viperdyno

Feedback please- would this interest you??? Approx pricing in the $400 range (plus core), with labor to install taking 30 minutes tops with hand tools.

andy
www.dynotuneusa.com

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$400 thats $150 less then the TB's for the gen 2's not bad.

Even tho I don't own a SRT I would be interested to see what one looks like.

OP
OP
R

rubbersidedown

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll get some pics up soon... I'm working on final pricing and core exchange program (so you don't have to sit for 3 weeks w/ no throttle body). I'll know more by the end of the week. I will probably be looking for 3-5 more "mules" to test and give some unbiased results for a discount. Please call or email if interested.
thanks
andy
[email protected]

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll get some pics up soon... I'm working on final pricing and core exchange program (so you don't have to sit for 3 weeks w/ no throttle body). I'll know more by the end of the week. I will probably be looking for 3-5 more "mules" to test and give some unbiased results for a discount. Please call or email if interested.
thanks
andy
[email protected]

10 hp on a stock SRT so one would assume on a supercharged/turbo system it would yeild more gains correct??

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure I understand? $400 just to port a stock throttle body? How much labor is involved, since were just talking labor and no parts, right?

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Sounds interesting.

I got about 7 hp on a throttle body bore out / polish on a 4.0 jeep straight six, so it's something worth considering.

Paxton on and ready. So 20 to 25 hp / tq sound realistic?

Dan

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds interesting.

I got about 7 hp on a throttle body bore out / polish on a 4.0 jeep straight six, so it's something worth considering.

Paxton on and ready. So 20 to 25 hp / tq sound realistic?

Dan

I would think so.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did a H E N N E S S E Y throttle body on my SRT when I did my exhaust. I picked up power all the way around the curve. Can't attribute it all to the TB, but it didn't dip anywhere.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine