SRT Viper vs. Z06 video

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Either bad driver or mods to the SRT10. Would be nice to believe the Viper can pull away that well.
Just curious.
Patrick

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Exhaust doesnt sound stock on Viper, something has been removed or changed. And it seemed like Viper jumped Z06. A race with a stock Z06 and stock Viper would not end like that, with equal drivers. Unless that was a 08 Viper......

OP
OP
A

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Viper is stock and the two Z06's I beat were C6's. C5's would not even be worth mentioning. I also raced one of the Z06's with my '68 vette and really smoked him badly. I think that the 2 cars (Viper and Z06) are close enough that results can vary from one car to another.

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My Viper is stock and the two Z06's I beat were C6's. C5's would not even be worth mentioning. I also raced one of the Z06's with my '68 vette and really smoked him badly. I think that the 2 cars (Viper and Z06) are close enough that results can vary from one car to another.

So your saying a Z06 which has same power as you, Weighs 200lbs less then you, has better gearing then you is getting beat that bad by you.... driver must ****, cause that wouldnt happen otherwise.

Either way, its great and all, ive beat many Z06's myself, because most guys dont now how to drive them and are afraid to kick down to 2n gear on the freeway, who knows maybe the Vettes you race are starting off in 4th gear....

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The video i just saw shows the viper jumping a car length and that never changes until they slow down. Looks dead even. Check this one where the Z06 beats the SRT10 every time. (Greg Viper SRT10 vs C6 Z06 40-130mph race) It's on YouTube

OP
OP
A

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MikeR, not all Vipers or Z06's have the same power. In addition to that, a Viper has about 50 lb ft more torque than a Z06. Even the 200 pound weight difference can be skewed somewhat by driver weight. What if the Z06 drivers weighed 40 or 50 pounds more than I did? It's not difficult to find a glutton behind the wheel of a corvette, is it?

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Z06 could have started in wrong gear....You deffinately beat driver......Taking nothing away from the SRT.....Yes there are variances in models and not all make the same power....If you have a freak thats awesome...But I dont see 50tq helping the average SRT to overcome 200lbs+ disadvantage, worse gearing and aero even if the Vette owner is heavier han you...Every pull on the highway Ive seen shows the Z06 pulling hard up top...Of course except for this one......

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
King Sadi BABY!!!!!!

Guys the SRT10 in the video was not stock....

He owns a 2005 SRT10 vert with a few bolt ons pushing 478 rwhp. As well he has 3.55 gears..

He didnt just jump out. He walked the C6Z06 slowly by 1-1.5 cars..

He has also ran his 478 rwhp SRT10 against his 380 rwhp C6...The result is that the SRT10 puts 15 lengths on the C6 from 50-140 mph..

Greg-TT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That was me racing against Z last saturday night in Irvine CA. I have a few more video clips racing against my bone stock 08 C6 auto w/361whp (I was consistently pulling 15 car lengths by 140mhp) and that yellow Z. I will be posting more video clips on youtube soon so stay tuned :2tu: All of my clips will have 'Greg SRT10' in the title so it can be searched easily. Yes, my car is modded (478whp/492wtq, K&N, RT hi-flow cats, 3" corsa track, DC flash, alum flywheel) w/ 3.55 gears. A long story short, I was able to pull that yellow Z 1-1.5 car length by 140mph. We didn't have chance to talk but that yellow Z sounded stock. We both had passangers (he had a girlfriend and I had a 170lbs friend in the passenger seat). Also that race was from a 50mph roll to 140mph. NOT 40-130mph. We both started in 2nd gear and I didn't jump first. My car jumped because it has 3.55 gears. As you can see from the vid. I wasn't shifting well so I would've pulled more if I shifted a little faster. By the way, my car's best 1/4 run to date is 11.4@124 w/ drag radial.

Last edited:

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats more like it:) The gears really make the difference...I think I read that Tornado/Twister made around the same rwhp but without gears and still lost to a stock Z06 if I remember correctly..

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That was me racing against Z last saturday night in Irvine CA. I have a few more video clips racing against my bone stock 08 C6 auto w/361whp (I was consistently pulling 15 car lengths by 140mhp) and that yellow Z. I will be posting more video clips on youtube soon so stay tuned :2tu: All of my clips will have 'Greg SRT10' in the title so it can be searched easily. Yes, my car is modded (478whp/492wtq, K&N, RT hi-flow cats, 3" corsa track, DC flash, alum flywheel) w/ 3.55 gears. A long story short, I was able to pull that yellow Z 1-1.5 car length by 140mph. We didn't have chance to talk but that yellow Z sounded stock. We both had passangers (he had a girlfriend and I had a 170lbs friend in the passenger seat). Also that race was from a 50mph roll to 140mph. NOT 40-130mph. We both started in 2nd gear and I didn't jump first. My car jumped because it has 3.55 gears. As you can see from the vid. I wasn't shifting well so I would've pulled more if I shifted a little faster. By the way, my car's best 1/4 run to date is 11.4@124 w/ drag radial.

Thats more like it. Stock for stock that wont happen. The original post said Viper was STOCK.
Its believable now. I raced a Z06 when I was putting down 486 rwhp and had similar results. We raced on freeway and then he showed up at the dragstrip too. We raced there as well and he never broke into the 11's. :lmao:

OP
OP
A

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score

pretty kool vid...Yes my 470ish Viper got pulled by my buddies stock 455 rwhp Z06 by around 1-1.5 cars from 70ish-150ish...

But my car had been making a ticking noise for long before I raced the Z06 and it turned out that one of my ARROW roller rockers was broke..

So thats being fixed and a CC cam is being installed. Hopefully i get the car back tomorrow...

Man I need to get that DC tune..Seems like it really helps make more power if all you have is

-high flow cats
-exhaust
-aluminum flywheel
-KN's
-3.55 gears....and put down 378 SAE..Once you get headers/throttle body on theyre you'll have a 500 rwhp NA monster