SRT VS GTS

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tend to agree at this point, but this is based primarily on one or two magazine reviews that have said this. Let's see if other reviewers agree. And this is also at one track, the Viper may shine at other tracks. If they do re-tune the suspension in 2014 or 2015, I sure hope that the suspension would be a bolt-in swap, an upgrade that I would consider if that were the case, and if the suspension was dramatically improved. But first things first, I'll drive it myself on both road and track and see how the car suits me. Once in a while, two race car drivers will switch cars and one or both will complain about how the other likes it set up. I remember when Mark Martin and Jeff Gordon did this years ago, Jeff thought Mark's car was very difficult to drive, but it was tuned perfectly to Mark's style of driving. Looking forward to the Motor Trend rematch, as well as other upcoming reviews and comparos before I draw a conclusion.

I also want to see the MPSC's on the snake, as most of us do. Maybe wishful thinking, but we can dream, LOL.

I can agree with your outlook. Each of us is different so some may just like the stock settings. None will truly know for sure if its to their liking until a test drive so all we have now is the few words from a few tests and to be fair with pre-production seats etc.

The Viper according to Eric Heuchele[?] is made for faster, smoother tracks not slower bumpier tracks, so it will do better on tracks with that kind of bent. But hopefully the future suspension tweaks will make it compatible with the rougher, slower tracks so it will be much better rounded super/track car.

MPSC would wake the snake up big time. Hopefully it will be one of those dreams that come true :)

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Order a set of adjustable Penske's and you will have your cake and can eat it too. You will never get a set of single adjustable (GTS type) shocks to perform well on all types of tracks and the street also. I have the Penske's on my Gen II, they bring a lot to the party.

Good insights, Jack. My Viper is going to be dual purpose, a road and track car, not dedicated to either. The draw of the GTS's adjustable suspension is that it should allow the owner to have his cake and eat it too. Comfortable on the street, track-ready with the push of the button. From the reviews, it's not clear that SRT set the street and track settings optimally to pull that off. It also sounds like the Chevy engineers found that recipe in the ZR1, as it's said to be more comfortable in the street mode and well balanced at the track too. But I'll reserve judgement until I've had a chance to see a few more reviews and drive it myself.

I'm going to keep my eyes open for suspension upgrades after I get my GTS. I just hope that I won't be compelled to make that change. In the past, when I've swapped in aftermarket suspension on cars, the ride has suffered on the street.

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Order a set of adjustable Penske's and you will have your cake and can eat it too. You will never get a set of single adjustable (GTS type) shocks to perform well on all types of tracks and the street also. I have the Penske's on my Gen II, they bring a lot to the party.

I'll definitely look into the Penskes, thanks for the info.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960