SRT10 in person vs. in pictures

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like it much more in person simply because the sheer width (the best new visible feature) is extremely evident. It does come down to taste, and like with everything, change is always a little difficult to except. The real killer (and has been since day one of Viper) is the RED. In silver this new car was awesome.

Daffy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I definitely agree REVVER. I've read some posts that disagree, but for me in person the car is a thousand times better looking than in pics. Frankly, it's just not photogenic - most of the time. Also, it looks much better in person when it's not up on a show pedestal, putting it in the air dimishes the low & fat look it has when your feet & its tires are at the same level.

Dave.

Black SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
deleted

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Rick Martino on 08-08-2002 at 09:27 PM</font>

FASTRNU

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I'm sure there are many VCA members who have seen the SRT10 in person and don't like it. I saw the SRT10 at the 2001 Atlanta Auto Show, and I loved it. Then when I saw all the pictures in the mags I noticed that it looked better to me in person.

Photographs seem to emphasize the flatness of the sides, when in person it appears more rounded. Not as much curves as the GTS/RT10, but very voluptuous and exotic looking all the same, at least in my opinion.

I definetly think the SRT10 looks better in person than in print.

Dave

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Resistance is futile... you will be assimilated into the collective
supergrin.gif

Venom Lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mark O:
Have you seen the 1/18th SRT models which have come out? The model really captures the essence of what a stunning car it truly is. Take a peak...........

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mark, I know you were trying to be sarcastic, but that photo of the model doesn't look half bad....
smile.gif

Oh, and REVVER, I have to tell you that when my wife and I saw the SRT at the LA Auto Show, we thought it looked identical to the pictures. Maybe the car does look different if it's not up on a spinning platform, or if you can get right up next to it, but I wouldn't know. Despite the fact that I came with my SRT certificate in hand, the Dodge exhibit manager told me I was **** just like everyone else and would not be allowed anywhere near the car.

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Venom Lover on 06-12-2002 at 08:35 AM</font>

SmokinV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like looking at the SRT more in magazines than in person. With magazines, all i have to do is turn the page, thats a lot easier than walking far enough so I dont have to see the thing.

Black SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
deleted

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Rick Martino on 08-08-2002 at 09:27 PM</font>

Venom Lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rick,

Hmmmm, and you have one on order?

Anyway, I've seen photos that are much worse than that one. Pretty much any rear photo with the side scoops visible....

Black SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Venom,

That thing's a sucky model with no side scoops. Mark O probably
has one on his bookcase next to a 64 Belvedere. :)

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
But...But...Mark didn't you recently confess you had an SRT on order...If I buy the wagon from you...drool...drool.. you can afford to keep the SRT and not flip it for mercenary purposes...SHAME ON YOU! MAKING FUN OF A CAR YOU PLAN ON MAKING A PROFIT ON! AND DUMB! The investment equivalent of... "STRATMORO stock is the ugliest, most abhorrent stock you could possibly buy." "Oh, by the way I am buying some, only for investment purposes, I plan to flip it immediately, please give me the highest price possible for this awful, ugly product that I have been personally resposible for driving down the value of." Anyway, if you sell me the wagon, you can KEEP the GTS, AND the SRT..listen to OBI WAN....you will come over to the dark side...think about this investment strategy...pleeease?

MiamiJeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
C'mon Lee, Those Wall Street analysts supposedly were TOUTING the same stocks to clients that they privately were trashing. Almost the opposite of some of these SRT posts!

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmmmm...another case of 3 martini posting on my part, $75 large, had not thought of that response. Actually, yes, I was planning on doing a stock swap with you, that's the ticket! 75K of Worldcom stock, even up for the wagon, since you're up posting on the board at 3:57 in the morn. you usually don't read the morning business section. Sounds like a good deal? Seriously, what is a car like that worth, I honestly have no idea?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte