You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
N

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: SRT\'s in the Gumball

unfortunately not a good start,looks like this one didnt get to far...

one of the SRT's developed a steering rack leak before the event started, not sure which one though, a guy was on our UK forum asking for help yesterday
for a new,spare rack (2004 model)

futureacrowner

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Trim it up and keep going :)

One of the guys posted on the other site asking about a harmonic balancer issue. Sounds like the crank bolt came loose and balancer came off. Someone should go help the guy out over there. (I would if I could)

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Vipers seem to have pretty bad luck in the Gumball. I remember that video of the nasty crash/roll of the SRT-10 from the last one.

repiv

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I guess I better be careful, running my SRT in the US leg fo the Gumball

OP
OP
N

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

the black SRT is in trouble as well its currently broken in Germany with crank damper problems, there's a plea for help on the other site, if anyone has ideas I'm sure they would be grateful for some advice, its a twin turbo

"Neil, our srt, has broken down in germany. The harmonic balancer has come off. Do you know anyone that can help us. Where was the viper that wrecked? We need to try to get this car fixed. any ideas??"

Ghetto2315

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Vipers seem to have pretty bad luck in the Gumball. I remember that video of the nasty crash/roll of the SRT-10 from the last one.

Yeah, that was Torquenstien's Venom SRT-10

Pretty bad spill...

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

the black SRT is in trouble as well its currently broken in Germany with crank damper problems, there's a plea for help on the alley site, if anyone has ideas I'm sure they would be grateful for some advice, its a twin turbo

"Neil, our srt, has broken down in germany. The harmonic balancer has come off. Do you know anyone that can help us. Where was the viper that wrecked? We need to try to get this car fixed. any ideas??"

The guys name is Frank and he is an Ontario member. We had a visit at his facility couple of weeks ago. I really hope he gets the problem resolved. Funny one of my questions to him was " What happens if the car breaks down?".

Patrick

GO FRANKIE!!!!!!!!

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Went to the Viper Alley forum and thought I would post the help topic by Frank and his boys there......If anyone can help it would be appeciated.

"Our car stated the gumball on Sunday afternoon-everything was going fine until about an hour ago. From what I can understand the crankshaft damper has come loose and thown the belt. Being out in the middle of no where the guys had no way to fix it where it broke. We are looking for help. The car is on it's way to Asia at the amanpuri Resort in Phuket. Does anyone know of any viper owners over there?? Or if we can't get it fixed there the car will be in Salt Lake City on friday, Can anyone help out there?? Anything help anyone could offer to get this car to the finish line would be more than greatly appreciated. It's a 2004 twin turbo viper. Please post any ideas."

Patrick

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

This one?????

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

This one?????

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!

Yep.............that's the one. Still trying to find a resolution for him.

Patrick

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score

I wonder if the crank damper is stock or aftermarket? The stock ones can come off when the power level is increased.

Dan

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Some additional information for the interested parties.

"Yes, you're right, the bolts to the Harmonic Balancer fell off. The "Co-Pilot Live" had him in first place at Belgrade as of 5:00 am Tuesday morning....So much for modern technology!!!! I heard that he will have his car fixed in Utah when he lands in the States. Apparently, he was cruising at 150 mph for 6 - 7 hours before disaster struck.
They started him in dead last and by the time he hit Germany he was in the top ten positions"

Patrick

OP
OP
N

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I read yesterday the red SRT crash was on the A3 Nothern Autobahn in Germany and happened at 3am, the main bunch took that route and a few other entrants found a faster way across