SSG and Oakley?

rw99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was really hesitant to post this, but then I saw the "Viper Luggage" thread and figured, well, WTH.

I'm an admitted Oakley ******. Been buying their stuff since 1988, and they're the only glasses that I'll put in front of my eyes. So, imagine my heart rate when I first saw these:

You must be registered for see images

I thought, no way that's the right green. Can't be. But I ran out to the nearest Vault and picked up a pair to check, anyway... And they're spot on. Just an FYI for my SSG brothers...

Hell yes I bought 'em! They're called the Jupiter Camo Jawbone, a special/limited edition.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am also an Oakley ****** and have about 9 pairs. I just recieved a pair that match my car as well.

Bruce

VIPER 93

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Oakley used to be a good company and made quality glasses. I just sent back pair of E wire and Ducati limited edition where one arm fell
Off of each pair. No parts to repair them and all they want to do is send me a 25% off coupon. Oakley ***** will never buy another pair.
Oh, and good luck trying to get through on the phone.

NSviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was really hesitant to post this, but then I saw the "Viper Luggage" thread and figured, well, WTH.

I'm an admitted Oakley ******. Been buying their stuff since 1988, and they're the only glasses that I'll put in front of my eyes. So, imagine my heart rate when I first saw these:

You must be registered for see images

I thought, no way that's the right green. Can't be. But I ran out to the nearest Vault and picked up a pair to check, anyway... And they're spot on. Just an FYI for my SSG brothers...

Hell yes I bought 'em! They're called the Jupiter Camo Jawbone, a special/limited edition.

Thanks for the heads up. I have the SSG fever. The only cure is more SSG LOL. Just ordered apair. :D

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got some nice Oakley driving shoes... a pair of glasses but honestly, I think they look too wacky.

OP
OP
R

rw99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not for everybody, true.

Oakley service may have declined recently, but was truly exceptional in past years. They've done me solid favors as recent as a year ago... So I wouldn't be too ******* them.

I also have a pair of their older 3/4 top driving shoes... Like 'em. They control my clown feet pretty well.

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Oakley yes, those posted above, no. Look a little to fruity for my liking.;)

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Color matched glasses? Although each to their own, sorry but this seems a bit ***... Hopefully there will be no matching velour jogging suit to follow...LOL

F

FrgMstr

Sunglasses with $100 plastic replacement lenses are for suckers.

Viktimize

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sunglasses with $100 plastic replacement lenses are for suckers.

I used to think so too. Once you put on a pair of polarized lenses and then switch them for regular lenses, you will immediately see the difference. So much less glare and strain on your eyes with polarized. I will never buy cheap glasses ever again.

Hirkophoto

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I used to be a huge Oakley fan since the 80's
When they made the first pair of glasses. I had many pairs. I started to have problems with the $150 iridium lenses. They spider web and it creates flare when you wear them. Sent them back they sent another lens and it did the same thing in lest then a week. I called them and they said you can't leave them inside a car when it gets hot... *** sunglasses can't be in hot cars? I sold all that crap on eBay. I started buying lower cost glasses. You can get polarized glasses for $20 that have great lens quality. Oakley design is great but I will not buy the glasses again" if I scratch or loose my glasses now I don't stress on it.

F

FrgMstr

I used to think so too. Once you put on a pair of polarized lenses and then switch them for regular lenses, you will immediately see the difference. So much less glare and strain on your eyes with polarized. I will never buy cheap glasses ever again.

Uh....one you put on a pair of Maui Jim's polarized lenses you will wonder why you just paid for plastic. Just my 2 cents, you may need change.

That's patented, color-infused PolarizedPlus®2 Lens Technology at work in an optically correct, distortion-free lens.

And yeah, I got a drawer full of Oakley's, my 12 year old loves them. :)

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have 250.00 oakleys down to 5.00 colored lense safty glasses. the safty glasses are just as good if not better feeling....lol

tattooed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm a big Oakley fan, but don't know for how much longer.

Luxottica is approaching a monopoly of the eyewear industy.

Here's the current list of brands they own:
Arnette
Eye Safety Systems
K&L
Luxottica
Mosley Tribes
Oakley
Oliver Peoples
Persol
Ray-Ban
Revo
Sferoflex
Vogue
Sunglass Hut International
LensCrafters
Pearle Vision
Pearle Opticians
Sears Optical
Target Optical
OPSM
ILORI
Bright Eyes
Budget Eyewear
Cole Vision Care
Optical Shop of Aspen
Surfeyes
Laubman & Pank
ICON
Grand Optics LLC

And the list of high end designers they make eyewear for:
Anne Klein
Brooks Brothers
Bulgari
Burberry
Chanel
Chaps
Coach
Dolce and Gabbana
DKNY
Donna Karan eyewear
Miu Miu
Polo Ralph Lauren
Prada
Ralph Lauren Purple Label
Paul Smith
Stella McCartney
Tiffany & Co.
Tory Burch
Versace
Versus

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm a big Oakley fan, but don't know for how much longer.

Luxottica is approaching a monopoly of the eyewear industy.

Here's the current list of brands they own:
Arnette
Eye Safety Systems
K&L
Luxottica
Mosley Tribes
Oakley
Oliver Peoples
Persol
Ray-Ban
Revo
Sferoflex
Vogue
Sunglass Hut International
LensCrafters
Pearle Vision
Pearle Opticians
Sears Optical
Target Optical
OPSM
ILORI
Bright Eyes
Budget Eyewear
Cole Vision Care
Optical Shop of Aspen
Surfeyes
Laubman & Pank
ICON
Grand Optics LLC

And the list of high end designers they make eyewear for:
Anne Klein
Brooks Brothers
Bulgari
Burberry
Chanel
Chaps
Coach
Dolce and Gabbana
DKNY
Donna Karan eyewear
Miu Miu
Polo Ralph Lauren
Prada
Ralph Lauren Purple Label
Paul Smith
Stella McCartney
Tiffany & Co.
Tory Burch
Versace
Versus

Hey you left out Moschino, Armani and Cavalli off your designer list, they are all very good.

F

FrgMstr

Persol has some very nice crystal lenses as well. Most style are not very sporty though.