Started detailing for Texas Round Up!

Big Mac

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have been talking to Ryan about the possibility of using my car as one of the displays at Texas Round Up (this Fri-Sun in Austin, TX - don't miss it). He wants to put a couple cars up in the air for people to see, and who wants to look at a dirty car? I am anticipating some new tires, so I put the car up on stands in the garage and yanked off the wheels. The insides were filthy, more on that later. I got to looking at the suspension and it was also filthy so out came the Simple Green and the power washer.

Yes this would have been a better project for the driveway, but I have a lot of cleaning to do under the car, and a squeegee to remove the water in the floor!

Here are the before pics:

You must be registered for see images

And here are the afters:

Here is a little of the mess I made:

I will probably go back and do some hand cleaning if time permits. I ran out of energy and daylight for now.

triblk6spd

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ooh, that's my kind of detail! I did the same thing to mine when I was installing my HRE's. Don't forget to grease up the fittings while you are there. Be sure to wipe any excess grease off too. Good luck and if you need any help don't hesitate to ask. Can't wait to see the final product.

In case it wasn't obvious. Grease points.

Attachments

• afterrear.jpg
    afterrear.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Big Mac

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No scrubbing yet. Just sprayed on Simple Green, let it sit while I fired up the pressure washer, then sprayed it off.

I have not owned anything with grease points in years so I am going to pick up a lube gun later this morning. Thanks for the tip.

OP
OP
B

Big Mac

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ok so far today it's been wheels. I didn't get a good before pic, but just imagine 27000 miles of factory pad brake dust on the insides of the wheels. Simple Green and a power washer got them to the starting point in the pics. A combination of brake clean, simple green, and carb cleaner got the insides where they are now. The fronts I touched up a few spots with brake clean then will wax them inside and out tonight.

Wheel in progress:

Inside wheel after:

Outside wheel after:

And the work continues...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drock187