Starting order for SCCA Run-Offs at Mid-Ohio - Archer on pole

Rich Wesorick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After a total of three qualifying sessions for tomorrow's T1 Championship race, Bobby Archer's time from Tuesday (1:37:566) stuck and he will start from pole position. Next to him will be John Heinricy in a Corvette Z06. In Row 2, will be Bob Schader (Z06) and Fred Baker (Viper). In Row 3, Scotty White (Z06) and Deborah Loth (Viper). Notably, Deborah moved up 5 spots in today's qualifying session.

Frank Parise

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Rich, thanks in advance for helping me out here. A few questions....

What is the weight requirement for Bobby's Viper, when is the car weighed (before or after the race or qualifying), and is it weighed with or without driver?

Also, what restrictions are imposed on the Viper versus the ZO6? What is the weight requirement on the ZO6? Does the Viper run with restrictors? Is the ZO6 allowed any engine mods or exhaust mods to equalize power/weight ratio with the Viper?

Finally, have I read the the SCCA News correctly in that next year the Viper will have to run in the GT1 class rather than the T1 class? How can a Viper possibly compete with a GT1 car?

Best of luck to Bobby!

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the real question should be why is the panoz in gt-1. I don't think the viper will have a rough time competing in this class.
you will that the panoz, i believe the porsche turbo. The viper will hold its own.

99t1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think they are considering it as a body style like the Cinjo trans-am car. Stock Vipers will remain in T1.

OP
OP
R

Rich Wesorick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Frank:

I'm no expert here, but this what I know.

T1 weight for the Viper is 3450 with driver after the race. Vipers must run 55mm inlet restrictors, which has a minimal effect on performance except for the top end. Allowed mod's are minimal: cat-back exhaust, brake pads, brake lines and fluid, diff. cooler, safety equip.

The Z06's get to run about 100lbs lighter. They can also use aftermarket exhaust, etc., but aren't allowed any major engine mods to equalize power.

I agree with what Morgan said above regarding Vipers and GT-1.

OP
OP
R

Rich Wesorick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Geez Morgan, you mean I have to stand corrected again??? Well, I don't have the rule book in front of me, I guess I was given some info...

Viperloth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Morgan is absolutely right.... 3380 w/o driver or gear, post race. That is typically with a near empty tank, which means sometimes there is a little calculating to be done. Bobby's car weighted in at 3383 after his first race at TWS... yes, he is that good!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine