Starting to like the gen III Viper, 810 HP

Scott5ppg

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I went to my weekly local car show next to Burger King and to my surprise pulls up this Gen III... I normally only stay for 20 to 30 minutes but Saturday we were the last to leave. To beat that we went on a 100 mile cruise Sunday. What a beaut.

Scott

P1010171.JPG

P1010178.JPG

P1010172.JPG

P1010183.JPG

PS. I still don't like the Gen III Convertable.

Scott
2001 GTS ACR Yellow

DrDJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone else think it's tacky to display your car's horsepower like that? The mailbox letters look pretty bad as well.

DrDJ

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
all that create's is everybody in there ricer cars asking (does that really have 810 hp?) wanna race!!!!!!!!!!! oh yes I think it's tacky, might as well put I have a small wee wee on the side of it as well.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeh, don't like the side lettering, maybe put your HP on the license plate instead. JMHO.

nice Vipers, looks like the weather was great!

NoRice

Viper Owner
Reaction score
RSI must be pumping those Vipers out, I am seeing pics of them all over the internet lately. Nice looking car.

OP
OP
S

Scott5ppg

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don’t find it any different than the old badging stating 427 Hemi, 289, 383, 440, GTO and alike. What’s the difference? Horse Power vs. Cubic Inches……. just stating what’s unseen under the hood.

I think we could find countless people who would say, He owns a “Viper, what is he compensating for????”

I do agree the "TWIN" lettering could be better….

Scott

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone else think it's tacky to display your car's horsepower like that? The mailbox letters look pretty bad as well.

DrDJ

Z06's have their horsepower rating right on the stock badges. So what does that say about them? :bonker:

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeh didn't think about that with the Z06, I went out and measured mine, it's only 3"x1/2", and it's an actual silver badge that's stuck on the car, dimentional, like an emblem

Kevin D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With the nature of the car and work done to it by RSI I can understand why you'd want the badging (and its cool). But the horsepower rating underneath "twin turbo" is what takes it to the point of being tacky IMO. To label who did the work (RSI) along with the configuration (Twin Turbo) is tasteful. But to then add 810HP underneath on top of all that is a wee much...might as well writting in the entire engine configuration along the side while your at it (8 liter, V10, 488CI, Bore/stroke, valves sizes, penis length, etc...) LOL... ;)

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
It really bugs me that I am not allowed to go over to the
Gen3 forum and declare that my Gen2 is better looking...
.... .... just saying...

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It really bugs me that I am not allowed to go over to the
Gen3 forum and declare that my Gen2 is better looking...
.... .... just saying...

Who is to stop you? I agree that The GEN 1 & 2 styling is far nicer than GEN 3. I believe that GEN 3 only has performance over us....But to each his own...that is what makes us all individuals right?

Whoaa GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I think having TT on the side is enough. Putting your horsepower on there looks like you are begging for attention. 810 TT HP isnt exactly huge considering all these 1000-1200RWHP monsters seem to be becoming more and more common

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang