Status update on my SRT/10 coupe

Bob K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My coupe is now in JB status - "shipped to body vendor". Not sure what this means but maybe they are painting the stripes on it now or making sure all of the panels and doors are properly aligned. Perhaps someone here has more information.

Bob K :headbang: :headbang:

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
They are at Prefix getting stripes done, and the quality has been fantastic from this company - they did the stripes and other items on the Commemorative Edition also.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome!!!! I bet you cant take the wait.... Have you driven a GenIII yet? If you haven't you are in for a nice suprise. They are light years ahead of the GenII's. LIGHT YEARS! And I LOVE MY GEN II !!!!! ;)

G

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome!!!! I bet you cant take the wait.... Have you driven a GenIII yet? If you haven't you are in for a nice suprise. They are light years ahead of the GenII's. LIGHT YEARS! And I LOVE MY GEN II !!!!! ;)

G

As a gen2 owner and lover (in a platonic kinda way), I must agree. Gen3's kicks ass... not quite as handsome, but makes up for it in power, braking, and handling. :2tu:

OP
OP
B

Bob K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually I have not driven a Gen III, I have only sat in one. I am starting to get psyched!

Sorry about the double post. When I initially posted it I got the "sorry we cannot continue" message so I started over and Wa La-- double post.

Bob K

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
have you found out what number its going to be. isnt it suposed to be in the top 6?

OP
OP
B

Bob K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was only told it was one of the first 6 but have not been able to find out more. I got very excited when I learned that my VIN was 100301 thinking that it would be number 1 of 200 but I think someone posted their VIN lower than mine. I hope they don't do what they did with the Final Edition GTS - draw dash plaques at random from a box with no regard for build order. That was lame.

Bob K

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope they don't do what they did with the Final Edition GTS - draw dash plaques at random from a box with no regard for build order. That was lame.
That *****. Plus all the crap with special edition Gen IIIs that become not so special editions later on. :rolleyes:

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was only told it was one of the first 6 but have not been able to find out more. I got very excited when I learned that my VIN was 100301 thinking that it would be number 1 of 200 but I think someone posted their VIN lower than mine. I hope they don't do what they did with the Final Edition GTS - draw dash plaques at random from a box with no regard for build order. That was lame.

My bet is that they will do exactly that. It was what they did with the VCA Edition cars as well, which were supposed to have been the first 2005's built (they weren't). The numbers, at least for the VCA cars, were put in when the completed car was ready to go to the shipping room. So, if your car had, say, a slightly misaligned hood, it would go back to the department that fixes stuff like that (and I should remember the name but don't). Meanwhile, all the cars built after yours are getting a lower number as they go to the shipping room because they didn't have any fixes required. The VIN had absolutely nothing to do with it. For example, with the VCA Edition cars the #020 car has a VIN ending in 500426 - the highest VIN on these cars. The #047 car has a VIN ending in 500037 - the lowest VIN.

Bottom line: Don't count on any particular number.

Keith C

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Bob K

[/QUOTE]

First off I have no problem with Bob K. being excited about one of the first cars and its a limited edition blah blah blah... as am I, however I cannot believe that DC would restrict the number of blue/white striped cars and bone anyone (including the dealers) who would want one. What a way to treat someone who wants to purchase Viper or a dealer who aggressively promotes Viper and has customers who want one. Just makes no sense to me. Im not even going to get into what makes white stripes something worthy of a special edition (still cant figure that one out ) Seriously there might be a good reason for this I just need help understanding. Can anyone out there give a reason why this is good thing ? Please don't say you will do better on resale because you will pay a premium for the car and the package costs $5000 over base MSRP. You might break even on resale maybe. Anyone ?

I know this subject is not new and goes way beyond the coupe. I just wanted to post my opinion.

And if DC has the option for Blue/white stripes after the first edition well than as Emily Latella would say.... "never mind"

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
its special because its the first 200 made (or its supposed to be). its like the final edition. the final editions were only special because they were the last ones made and because they had diferent colored stipes and a little different interior. exact same thing with the first edition (only there make 200 first ed. and they made 360 final ed.). also i think they will make more blue and white stripes in the future but these will be th only ones for 2006 (and with the two toned interior). its a very cool thing that dodge did.

Keith C

Viper Owner
Reaction score
its special because its the first 200 made (or its supposed to be). its like the final edition. the final editions were only special because they were the last ones made and because they had diferent colored stipes and a little different interior. exact same thing with the first edition (only there make 200 first ed. and they made 360 final ed.). also i think they will make more blue and white stripes in the future but these will be th only ones for 2006 (and with the two toned interior). its a very cool thing that dodge did.

The first 200 made is special ? 600 ordered 200 built ? No white stripes for anyone wanting to purchase a 2006 ? Im one of the lucky ones so I guess it is a very cool thing that dodge did :crazy: Maybe check the vin on your s10 blazer it might be one of the first 200 built. :)

Volltage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thay had a 06 blue/white stripe coup here in Kenosha. WI this weekend at Plamen Motors for an Old AMC car show.

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The first 200 made is special ? 600 ordered 200 built ? No white stripes for anyone wanting to purchase a 2006 ? Im one of the lucky ones so I guess it is a very cool thing that dodge did :crazy: Maybe check the vin on your s10 blazer it might be one of the first 200 built. :)

shouldnt you be happy that your getting one? i would be

Keith C

Viper Owner
Reaction score

shouldnt you be happy that your getting one? i would be

Vary happy sween just posting my opion.

getbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$89,995.00 for a striped coupe with the base no charge SRT wheels...
$91,995.00 for a First Edition coupe with upgraded wheels...

$2K difference in MSRP that gives you upgraded wheels and other "first edition" cosmetic touches. Is it worth it? Apparantly it is to the sold out 200 FE customers...

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score

$2K difference in MSRP that gives you upgraded wheels and other "first edition" cosmetic touches. Is it worth it? Apparantly it is to the sold out 200 FE customers...

Of course its worth it! When your spending 90k on a car 2k is nothing!

Casey 111

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im gonna have to get over the hills and check it out sometime Bob :2tu: Congrats on the new ride.

8AVETTE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My vin is 100300 and is plate #9, Car is built and was in I status a week ago and had been shipped for stripes. My second one is Vin #100372 and is plate #5. all plate are randomly assigned except mine. Both my cars were within first 10 on the line. It's nice to no someone at the plant.

Keith C

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I agree, but why limit production to 200 and shut out customers?

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I agree, but why limit production to 200 and shut out customers?

So it can be even MORE exclusive... didn't you know? That's what makes a Viper special. :rolleyes:

For that price, it should come with visine and elbow pads, so you can wink and nudge your way out of a discussion as to why children aren't running away from you crying. :2tu:

BLUESNAKE367

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes I am keeping #100300 Plate #9 it's my lucky number. I just sold the second one to a viper member.

I wished I could of ordered 2, but when I ordered the first one I had no info they were only building 200 FE's, but, I quess it would not of mattered because my dealer was only getting the one I ordered and that was it....

From what I hear Bill P. could of sold 600 of these FE's, I quess the next thought is to watch the dealerships that do not sell the FE's pre-ordered and ****** them up for customers that still want one..

Probably be a couple on Ebay soon, people trying to sell way above MSRP..

Rick