stepping up from S2000

vincent_esq

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So madman, what color did you get? Mine is red. I understand we are neightbors!!!!! Not even 2 miles from each other!!!!! I found a playbuddy!!!!

PMB NY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"In 92 nothing looked like the RT 10"

When I had a Mazda RX-7 in 93, some people thought it was a Viper.

You must be registered for see images attach

I am not trying to flame, I love all vipers

LMFAO.....NOW PUT DOWN THAT COCKTAIL :rolleyes:

pick up some reading glasses... I did not say I thought it looked like a viper. :smirk:

Hirohawa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe there is a reason people don't insult the RT/10 and the GTS. And I do want to get the new SRT 10 coupe provided it looks better than the Concept and is lighter and more powerful than the
Z06. I am not going to go out and buy any car just because it has a certain manufacturers tag on it. I want value performance and styling. I love Corvettes and I love Vipers. The RT/10 was my choice over the ZR1 in 1993. And even though it is 11 years old I think it is a much better looking car than my current Z06.

Corvettes went down in quality and performance in the late 70's and early eighties with some of the weakest HP cars. But in those years that they had some of their best sales years. There was no impetus to improve the car because it was selling. Corvette went from legendary Hi-Po stylish cars with 400+hp 4 speeds to bloated 165hp automatic country club cars for old men in white shoes. It didn't happen overnight and it took years for them to build up their credibilty again as serious Sports Cars. The Viper must be tops in Performance and looks, not subjectively but objectively.

I frequent the SRT 10 boards because I am optimistic that DC will step up. Sorry if this offends, I just don't want the Viper to be second banana - and pretending nothing is wrong doesn't help.

Y2K5SRT I didn't mean to make you cry. I will get my troll crown (or hat) and sell both my current cars and get the new Z06 with all the other lemmings. But at least when I go off the cliff i will be in a lighter cheaper car with the same HP as yours.

Don't you find it amusing when guys who don't own an SRT and don't like the SRT just hang around the SRT forums? Hmmmm... Let's see, your options are:

1. Troll

2. Sour grapes

3. Whiner

As soon as I saw the title of this thread I just waited to see who would jump on this golden opportunity. I figured Craig would hit it first, but we get this guy instead. Sir, with all due respect: Go insult other people's cars in YOUR forum and not ours. The S2000 thing is so incredibly played out that now it is simply pathetic. You don't see a single person insulting the RT or the GTS in those forums, but you enjoy stirring the crap here. Do us all a favor: Sell your Viper to somebody that appreciates Vipers in general, or at least has the tact not to slam other Vipers (and thus their owners) directly to their faces. Personally, I think you should sell both of your current cars and wait for the new Z06 with all the other lemmings. That will give you over a million fellow Corvette owners that you can insult every day. You will be crowned King of the Trolls. Maybe they will give you a hat.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe there is a reason people don't insult the RT/10 and the GTS.
It's called "class". Mind you, the RT/10 and GTS get plenty of detractors - such as some of the Supra trolls that used to come here to stir up crap. However there are very few people that would go to the "home" forum of a particular brand/model and purposefully insult it. Those that do are quickly removed from those forums - as trolls. Unfortunately, some of the trolls here get a tentative "pass" based on their Viper ownership (or relation to same). That is not always a good thing.

And I do want to get the new SRT 10 coupe provided it looks better than the Concept and is lighter and more powerful than the Z06.

Good for you, as I think you will be rewarded on both counts. But do you honestly believe that your childish insults get you any closer to that goal?

I am not going to go out and buy any car just because it has a certain manufacturers tag on it.

Nor would I. Indeed, if I had loyalty to any one brand in my life it would be General Motors. Owned lots of Vettes and still think they are one of the very best "bangs for the buck" on the planet.

I want value performance and styling. I love Corvettes and I love Vipers. The RT/10 was my choice over the ZR1 in 1993. And even though it is 11 years old I think it is a much better looking car than my current Z06.

I bought all three of my Vipers based on the following in this order: Performance, exclusivity, looks, and value. I am not a wealthy man by a very long shot. However I can afford to drive one of the fastest and best handling cars on the planet. The fact that I don't see 20 of them a day on the roads is a huge plus for me. I have said before and will say again that I think the GTS is a more striking design than the SRT and is an instant classic. The SRT is a good looking car, if not quite as exotic in some people's eyes - including my own.

Corvettes went down in quality and performance in the late 70's and early eighties with some of the weakest HP cars. But in those years that they had some of their best sales years. There was no impetus to improve the car because it was selling. Corvette went from legendary Hi-Po stylish cars with 400+hp 4 speeds to bloated 165hp automatic country club cars for old men in white shoes. It didn't happen overnight and it took years for them to build up their credibilty again as serious Sports Cars. The Viper must be tops in Performance and looks, not subjectively but objectively.

As a big fan of the Vette myself, I agree with these comments. I would also argue that it was the Z06 that finally brought the "sport" back into the sports car known as the Corvette. The ZR-1 was a short-lived experiment designed to counter the Viper. It was not about changing the Corvette image as a whole. Don't forget that your "old men in white shoes" really did make the Vette a huge seller during those dark days. GM won't forget it and will always make sure the Vette has just a little "country club" in it. As to making the Viper tops in looks and performance objectively, forget it. While it can become tops in many people's eyes (including current Gen I/II owners), you will never satisfy 100% of the people 100% of the time. Assuming you have had your Viper for some time, you know for absolute fact that not everybody loves the styling - a few even hate it. They just don't post anywhere on these forums.

I frequent the SRT 10 boards because I am optimistic that DC will step up. Sorry if this offends, I just don't want the Viper to be second banana - and pretending nothing is wrong doesn't help.

Do you honestly believe that DC will suddenly post in these forums and say, "Gee, Hiro was right and we changed it!" Assuming you have even a GED, you should know this will never happen. The changes may, but not based on a few disgruntled owners that haven't bought a DC product in 11 years. Nobody is pretending anything. The SRT has shortcomings like ANY other car on the planet, right down to the Ford GT or the Enzo. And I know my Vipers well enough that I could pick apart your RT/10 with my eyes closed. But that accomplishes absolutely nothing other than insult a fellow Viper owner. Why would anyone do that? (grab a mirror and ask yourself that a few times)

Y2K5SRT I didn't mean to make you cry.

No tears shed here, especially over a troll that just enjoys inflicting his insults on good people that invested a LOT of money on the cars they love. It is called "exasperation." It's like a little kid that keeps wandering into the movie theatre and whining (loudly) that they want to watch something else. Ain't gonna happen. So perhaps the kid should either A. Be quiet and let other people enjoy what they paid to see. B. Leave the theatre and find a movie they like. C. Wait for the movie's run to end or the sequel to come out. Whining about the movie as it runs does absolutely nothing other than ruin it for the people that paid to be a part of the experience. You certainly won't change it, but you will piss off a lot of people in the process.

I will get my troll crown (or hat) and sell both my current cars and get the new Z06 with all the other lemmings. But at least when I go off the cliff i will be in a lighter cheaper car with the same HP as yours.

I sincerely hope you do (get the Vette - the cliff is optional). And if you honestly believe that DC will sit by and let the Z06 reign supreme, then you obviously don't understand what the Viper is all about. I am not even the slightest bit worried even with my bloated, underpowered, overpriced SRT-10. Because I do understand what the Viper is all about and suffer no insecurities because of it. If I am not mistaken, your Z06 is better than your RT/10 in all of the categories you listed. Yet you still keep the RT/10. So maybe, just maybe you might understand what the Viper means. Or maybe not.

I look forward to seeing the thousands of new Z06's that will be in Kansas soon. I welcome sports cars of every flavor and am proud to own one of the premiere performance vehicles ever to grace this planet. Nothing you or GM do will change that. Puzzle over that in your spare time.

Hirohawa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Y2K5SRT

I said that the SRT 10 looks like the S2000. They look alike so what? I like the looks of the S2000, alot in fact, and there are similarities on their front ends. If you take that as an insult then you are creating something that is just not in my post.

And you are turning this personal with all the backhanded insults, just be man enough and come right out and say it. I have critisism of a car, not you or any other person here, and you get personally offended and then you infer that I am childish and I have no class, GED education, etc? It's just a car. Do you spout off like this in real life if someone doesn't like one of your posessions. Grow some thicker skin.

I can't beleive you are so rattled by a few comments about a car. I never questioned your judgement or your education or anything personal about you or madman or anyone else here- His first reply to me is "something is wrong with you".

And if you really love your car what do you care if everyone on your block has one? Is the Deloreon is the ultimate American Sports car because it is rare, how often you run into one of those babies?

Also the ZR1 was in developement before the Viper was announced. The ZR1 was supposed to be a 1989 model and got pushed back to 1990. I think the Viper Concept debuted in 1989 IIRC.

Also if I am King of all trolls i bow down to you my leader the Emperor of all trolls.

Lighten up. I'll try not to insult inanimate objects here on YOUR forum.

OP
OP
M

madman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hiro, I don't think that anybody would question our right to express your opinion on the vehicle. It's just the way you do it. It looks as if you hate the SRT while I think - in fact - that you hate DC for not making the vehicle up to your expectation as far as look, power AND price.

It happens that manufacturer does not make cars to ones expectations, in fact there are many manufacturers making cars I don't like. Yet I am not coming to tell this to their car owners at their forums. I think that you should ventilate your feelings towards DC with DC and not on the forum of happy SRT owners which will acomplish absolutely nothing except of making few folks angry about you. Saying that you would be happy in 'cheaper and more powerful' Z06 off the cliff - man, come on...

You may feel that DC betrayed you in not making the most powerfull vehicle on the market. Define powerfull - megaheavy Maybach has more power then Viper. And if the rivality with Chevy is your mark - Viper today makes vehicle more powerful then Z06 tomorrow. Go to that [******] fella and he will fix you at what - 700HP? It will cost you but the same way will cost you Z06 compared to regular C6.

SRT cost more then c6/z06 from very obvious reason - they make less of them and spread R&D between fewer vehicles.

But most importantly - SRT is in a different class of cars then Vette is (and many folks just don't get it :D )

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And you are turning this personal with all the backhanded insults, just be man enough and come right out and say it. I have critisism of a car, not you or any other person here, and you get personally offended and then you infer that I am childish and I have no class, GED education, etc? It's just a car. Do you spout off like this in real life if someone doesn't like one of your posessions. Grow some thicker skin.
No spouting here, my friend. At this point it is simply called defending one's turf. I have enjoyed criticisms on a variety of fronts and take them all in stride. However there are a LOT of people that grow very tired of a handful of people that seem to take every opportunity to rag on their choice of cars.

If you want to walk your dog and let him take a dump in your neighborhood, that's cool. But when you bring him into our neighborhood and walk him up to our door and then have him take a crap - that is patently offensive. I honestly don't give a rats behind what you think of the SRT-10. I would encourage you to put up billboards stating your obvious discontent with a car you have never owned. Just try to show a little class when you come to a forum that is populated by SRT-10 owners that have a lot of money and pride in their cars.

And if you really love your car what do you care if everyone on your block has one? Is the Deloreon is the ultimate American Sports car because it is rare, how often you run into one of those babies?

Do you honestly believe that if they made 30,000 Vipers a year that many of the current owners would want one? Not a chance. In your various posts you drop references to the Ford GT and Ferrari. Guess what? A HUGE part of the demand for those cars is their rarity. If Rolex churned out a million watches a year and stuck them in Walmart nobody would want them.

Also the ZR1 was in developement before the Viper was announced. The ZR1 was supposed to be a 1989 model and got pushed back to 1990. I think the Viper Concept debuted in 1989 IIRC.

I appreciate the history lesson. The point was simply that the ZR-1 was not designed to make the Corvette a world-class sports car at the time, it was designed to fill a niche market and stay competitive with cars like the Viper. The Z06 is a more mass-produced design that is extremely well executed. I take absolutely nothing away from it other than there are too many for my tastes. And I certainly won't go over to the Z06 forum and start telling them over and over and over again why their cars ****. Call it what you like, but it definitely lacks tact in every single respect.

Also if I am King of all trolls i bow down to you my leader the Emperor of all trolls. Lighten up. I'll try not to insult inanimate objects here on YOUR forum.

You really are having a hard time grasping this, aren't you? The movie analogy was pretty good, and the dog crap example should also help a little. The point is this: These are the SRT-10 forums where many SRT-10 owners gather to trade pointers on upgrades, car care, etc. They also come here to proudly announce their acquirement of the ONLY new Dodge Viper available on the market. They come here, like Madman that started this thread, to enjoy the camaraderie that goes with owning a certain model of car. The last thing they expect is an attack or the always crappy "Yeah, but the Z06 will be a better value with better performance" from guys like you.

It is incredibly simple: This is the forum where SRT-10 owners gather. You are obviously looking for the DaimlerChrysler Design forums, where you are aiming your discontent. Instead you continue to launch these volleys into the actual ownership group that can't do a single thing about the design - but obviously liked it enough to plop down between $60K and $90K on it. What exactly do you hope to accomplish? Because whatever it is, it's not working.

You know as well as I do that there are a LOT of people that don't like the original Viper design. Yet they don't voice those opinions in the GTS-RT/10 forums because it serves absolutely no purpose other than to insult the very ownership group for which those forums are intended. It is no different here in the SRT forums when somebody who doesn't even LIKE the SRT-10 comes in and dumps on it whenever they can. You know full well that your initial comment on this thread was not intended as a compliment. So why would you be that rude to a new Viper owner? He is excited about his purchase (as he should be) and fellow Viper owners - even GenI/II owners - should welcome him to the family. Not insult him right out of the gate.

Hiro, I have taken some time to read your various posts on these forums. You seem like a decent guy, albeit with an unhealthy obsession for the Z06. ;) My "backhanded insults" aren't against you personally, but directed at the handful of people that come here with the sole intent of criticizing the car - and thereby the owners that frequent this forum. Go to the forum for YOUR car (RT/10 or Z06) and bash the SRT all day long. You may be surprised to see me jump in and agree with most of your points. Just don't come to the forum where SRT-10 owners gather and continue to proclaim why you don't like it or why the Z06 will be better. It serves absolutely no purpose whatsoever.

rbarta

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hirohawa,

How do you know that the Z06 will be a better performer, better value? Yes, rumours exist that it will have 500/475. That is still less than a Viper. That it will be <3000 lbs. Yes that is better than a Viper. And how many will they make, what tires will it have, brakes...you just don't know because it hasn't been released. I would wait until it actually comes out before making such bold statements. Oh yeah, and at what cost, what will the MSRP be on that to be released Z06? And to top it off, you act like DC can't up the performance on it's own vehicles that their feet are stuck in the sand. The Viper 10 isn't even working hard, I look for 550-600 response from DC immediately. Trust me, I know how you feel because I am a C5 owner who is now thinking I can better get what I want from the Viper and I am(was) brand loyal to Corvette. (unless Chevy decides to make a Z06 convertible option AND undercut the Viper pricing...not likely since you can load a C6 convertible to over 60k already)

vipersrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
no matter how fast the new z06 vette is, it will still be a vette and no one outside of serious car enthusiasts will know its any different than an older regular c5 ****.....my experience in my z06 (i have a viper srt also) is that it gets cut-off, flipped off, things thrown at it, etc.....while the viper gets girls phone numbers, stares, thumbs up, etc., where ever it goes

XS TORQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Madman,
As a local San Jose guy, and a Viper owner and S2000 fan (my brother-in-law in San Jose has an S2000w/ a Paxton supercharger) I welcome you to the board.
Congratulations on your new ride! Enjoy!