stereo head unit suggestion and instaillation help

kand3g

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm looking to upgrade to a head unit compatible with Iphone. I do not want to cut the car up and would like have the option to return to it to stock. What head units have you guys used and can you offfer me any feedback. I'm looking for instructions,tips and suggestions on removing the stock head unit without breaking anything as well as ideas on the least damaging or insulting points to find switched power and well as a dependable ground. I would appreciated any suggestions/tips/pointers you guys may have to offer. Thanks for your time. KD

BadAndy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just went through this all myself. Although the audio shop did the work, the goal was to stay as close to stock size wise as possible with minimal adjustments to anything. I ended up with Kenwood KDCX997 and JL Speakers. 6" Two Way convertibles in the door, 6" subwoofers between the seats. Sounds and looks great. Heck, with all that hush matt they installed they may have even fixed a few squeaks !!! Not that I'll be blue toothing any phone calls soon... :lmao:

dru282

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are plenty of choices that will fit your car with no mods. I just did a pioneer which allows you to even match the factory orange lights. They all pretty much have adapters that fit which allows you to plug into factory harnesses. Try a local best buy for ideas

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang