Stereo help can anyone tell me their experiences with this unit or another unit

Scottsviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just bought my 08 vert(4,000 miles) and I put the MOPAR Ipod interface in ( i have the RB1) Its messed my car up! Made my dash light up like a X-mas tree and go into limp mode. The worst thing is it made my odometer go nuts and added 300 miles on my car! It only has 4,000 so 300 miles is a big chunk! The Ipod piece was $200 the instal was $150 and then trouble shooting and removal of it was $500! WTH! I have seen a thread on this piece and wondered if anyone has used it and had it in for a while and if they had any problems (Ometer 8243 Factory Fit NAV/DVD Replacement Stereo Headunit.) I saw a thread with a install but no one says how it works after a little while after having it. I would appreciate any and all info or suggestions on what to do. I want to keep the stock look and not cut the dash. I would like to change the speakers also so any help guys I appreciate. While I am at it I want to Thank Dan Crager (SPT in Alhambra) For fixing my ride and putting it on his trailer and dropping it off. Anyone in the LA area needs to go see him and let him do your work. He and his shop are awesome! When I find good people that do good work I let everyone know. And thank you Mike for the referral. But back to my main question. Has anyone had experience with the ometer or other suggestions. Thank you everyone in advance for the help.

1bad540

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scott thats cheap chinese junk. Ur best bet is a single din quality unit

Reaction score
Haven't heard of issues on the 2008 and earlier Vipers with the Mopar iPod interface:

forums.viperclub.org/threads/662330-Am-I-going-to-have-a-problem-installing-the-ipod-adaptor-to-my-RB1-Nav-unit

You might be able to sell it, as the company that supplied Mopar is no longer in business and few (if any) dealers have any left in stock.

OP
OP
S

Scottsviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
VPA I got the part from you about two weeks ago. I was going to call you on monday about returning it. It was the direct cause of my problem. I really wanted to keep as much stock as possible and stay away from the after market look
Haven't heard of issues on the 2008 and earlier Vipers with the Mopar iPod interface:

forums.viperclub.org/threads/662330-Am-I-going-to-have-a-problem-installing-the-ipod-adaptor-to-my-RB1-Nav-unit

You might be able to sell it, as the company that supplied Mopar is no longer in business and few (if any) dealers have any left in stock.

bigmack339

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe that thing could interface with the engine controller............code cracked.

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ometer is crap... I bought one, installed it and it worked for 10 days. I took it out... finally got a refund from my credit card as the chinese seller would not make good on the deal or the warranty. I actually need to box it up and send it to a forum member I promised it to... if you read this I haven't forgotten.....just been extremely busy at work travelling quite a bit...... I am gonna send it to you!