stereo ideas add more please.........

nemo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
stereo ideas inside! add more please....

Dodge VIPER 07 2007 Car Radio Install Dash Kit stereo

dash kit could buy 2 and glue them together for the double din.....?

Stereo One of Fayetteville - 2005 Dodge Viper R/T

oem look with jl componets......

2006 Dodge Viper - Cascade Audio - Fast And Fine - Car Audio and Electronics Magazine

very outgoing but a sick install speakers and sizes great link

Dodge Viper Custom Install

annother good diy install....?

REASON FOR THIS THREAD
1. because i wanted to start my own thread lol
2. for the morons like me out there that have trouble just googling custom dodge viper stereo/ installs..
3. please keep posting links / pics of various installs who cares if there 3/4 years old.
4. please don't get mad at me for this i know there are many stereo threads out there as of late. thx NEMO (not like the fish)

Last edited:

YLW DRM2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: stereo ideas inside! add more please....

I am in the same boat. However, I already made a decision on the stereo unit - Pioneer Avic F900 - DD unit. The first link you put in your post would be great if it can accommodate DD stereo, but I think it is only for a single din unit. I think our only option is to have bezel customized and have a fiberglass added to the sides to fill in the gaps between OEM stereo bezel cut and industry standards DD units.

OP
OP
N

nemo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That first kit won't work. It's for a 2007.:lmao:

wow i didn't even catch that whoops thx but i do think that it would fit a gen 3/4 it looks the same but then again looks are decieving.

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those dash kits fit from 2003 to 2009.
The are for single din only. And they fit terribly. They aren't ever quite the correct shape, and the finish of the plastic is cheap and cheezy(pimply). Also the opening inside the kit doesn't fit all single dins exactly.
Trust me, I've got one and it still bugs me.

DSC00292.JPG

propsail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those dash kits fit from 2003 to 2009.
The are for single din only. And they fit terribly. They aren't ever quite the correct shape, and the finish of the plastic is cheap and cheezy(pimply). Also the opening inside the kit doesn't fit all single dins exactly.
Trust me, I've got one and it still bugs me.

DSC00292.JPG

does your JVC have the nav unit? If so, how is it? thanks.
craig

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nah I passed on the Nav as I couldn't find out from anyone I knew where the VSS was on my car. I'm a do-it-yourselfer.

Oh ya... Vehicle Speed Sensor, nav wouldn't work well without it.

This unit is exactly the same, but without nav, I like it but I'd prefer a volume dial over the up/down arrows. And the screen is plenty large enough for the reverse camera, the reason I bought it.

propsail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nah I passed on the Nav as I couldn't find out from anyone I knew where the VSS was on my car. I'm a do-it-yourselfer.

This unit is exactly the same, but without nav, I like it but I'd prefer a volume dial over the up/down arrows. And the screen is plenty large enough for the reverse camera, the reason I bought it.

thanks. i was considering it instead of getting one with a flip out screen. So nav wouldnt work well in my gen 1 with no vehicle speed sensor? I guess that makes sense.

OP
OP
N

nemo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
OK talked to my guys over a keiger in emporia. they are gong to make me a custom box to fit behind the seats on the gas tank that lil shelf there. they are going to fibre glass the bottom and box the top i think. and put 2 12" shallow mount memphas audio subs in there. will post pics when i get it done will be a couple of weeks to a month

seabass

Enthusiast
Reaction score
here are a few pics of my system, just got it today... kicker all the way. 2-10's, 6.5 QS in the doors, 350x2, 750x1, kenwood head unit.

ipod in the glove box. 4x6's behind the headrests.

boosted349

Viper Owner
Reaction score
3509d1240599207t-installed-double-din-nav-ipod-btooth-08-dsc00161.jpg
alpine iva w505 7 inch touch screen,nav,high speed ipod, three days of fab on the dash panel. extensive cutting on the inside of the dash also.

OP
OP
N

nemo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ok tomorrow im getting my 2 12's put in with a cap and 1300w amp. custom box they said they could make them if there is a demand for them. Ill post pics tomorrow or the next day. (if it turns out good.)

seabass

Enthusiast
Reaction score
here are the pics... i thought the 4x6 grilles were especially well done, love the sound, the sub box is nice and lowered the back end some:omg:, and the door speakers w/o grilles turned out nicely... my size 12's do interfere some with the crossovers by the dead pedal:mad:

overall~:headbang:

[media]http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd223/cbassman/IMG_0235.jpg[/media]

[media]http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd223/cbassman/IMG_0236.jpg[/media]

Last edited:

seabass

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

ok, a thirteenth try at posting multiple pics...

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

nemo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thats about how mine is set up but i have the 2 12's firing into the back glass to amplify the sound. we put dyna matt on the back hatch plastic and that got rid of my rattle. my next problem is to figure out how to keep the vibration off the floorboard. ill post pics some time tomorrow. too dark tonight

Vman455

Enthusiast
Reaction score
here are the pics... i thought the 4x6 grilles were especially well done, love the sound, the sub box is nice and lowered the back end some:omg:, and the door speakers w/o grilles turned out nicely... my size 12's do interfere some with the crossovers by the dead pedal:mad:

Are those CompVRs? How do they sound?

OP
OP
N

nemo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
those are deff. cvr's. what kind of power do you have to them???? and do you know how they are ran as in 1 oham stable or 4 or do you have any clue lol????/ thx nemo

OP
OP
N

nemo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
In order to get a double din installed they need to cut some of the aluminum supports in the dash.

I would guess thats the case. Dodge loves to put huge metal brackets behind the dash. I don't know for sure though. or were you stating a fact? or was that a question?

Tony2

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Just for reference if anyone else is looking I believe the VSS wire is in the radio harness and white/orange.

FYI also a couple of GPS units such as Kenwood use Garmin for their navigation software and actually don't even have a VSS input, therefore not required. Anybody that uses GPS on a regular basis usually agrees that Garmin is the best for user interface and mapping.

Tony2

FastestBusaAround

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That would be wrong - NAV works perfectly fine without VSS, (except in underground or totally non sky-visible locations). Most of the NAV after-market including Kenwood (DNX 9140 with a Garmin GPS built in), don't use VSS anymore, as NAVTEQ charges a hefty premium for mapping on built-in units - and even more when equipped with VSS. With the new more powerful GPS chipsets today, VSS isn't an issue anymore. I'm the CDN distributor for one of the largest PND GPS manufacturers in the world. You could argue the point all day long, but numbers tell a dramatically different story today. VSS is nice, but isn't really required anymore in today's markets. I also own a software company that supplies install data for vehicle wiring to all major car audio/security/remote start retailers and I'm sure we have the VSS wire location/color. That information is easily available from Mitchell /Chilton and Alldata. The Gen IV's equipped with NAV probably have the VSS right at the back of the built in NAV...and probably those not equipped with NAV as well.

@ the OP - if you take the car to a high end install shop, they could create a DD fit for the car. I'm about to embark on that project with a very high end shop next spring and will be fitting a DNX9140 in my Gen IV. It's a lot of painstaking work, but it can be done and the results will be quite impressive. I am 100% sure it can be done - I used to own a high car audio retail install/sales shop years ago and we used to do things like this all the time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte