Stereo upgrade - DVD, TV Tuner, 7" screen

viperct2001

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Stereo upgrade - DVD, TV Tuner, 7\" screen

I'm looking to upgrade my head-end unit to something that plays DVD (while moving - must be "hackable" to do this), CD player, touch-screen, iPod integration is a bonus. I have a stock 2001 RT/10 and I'm not sure if I can fit a double-din into the dash. I came across this model which might fit the bill:

Kenwood DDX7017 DVD/CD player with 6.5" video screen, but it's a double-din.

Another Viper owner, cirus installed a similar model:
Kenwood KVT-911DVD, which he wrote about in this forum

I'm looking for something from $500-$1000 plus maybe another $200 for installation.

I don't care about GPS since I already have a Garmin 2720 portable. This only adds to the pricetag.

Any suggestions?

Also, need recommendations for a reputable installer in the Danbury, CT area or even South Salem, NY (Tator's Dodge location). Tator's is only 25 min away. Or if you live in either of these areas and want to make some extra cash to install a cool system (and know what you're doing - no beta testing on my Viper), let me know.

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Stereo upgrade - DVD, TV Tuner, 7

How can you fit a 2DIN in a Viper? Are you looking to relocate the vents? You're talking major surgery then.

NoRice

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: Stereo upgrade - DVD, TV Tuner, 7\" screen

I had the Alpine 300 in my C5 and it was great. There is a newer model out now, so you should probably be able to pick this one up for less than $1000 now and the install is straight forward. There is a module you buy that allows you to bypass the safety and watch dvds while driving.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Wow, I never even thought of having a DVD in my Viper ! Great idea for camping trips ! :smirk:

OP
OP
V

viperct2001

Viper Owner
Reaction score

>>How can you fit a 2DIN in a Viper? Are you looking to relocate the vents?

LOL! I know, I meant that I was looking for a single DIN, but liked the features on the double DIN Kenwood model which even has a TV tuner option. I hoped someone knew of a single DIN Kenwood model - or other brand that is around $1000

The Viper member 'cirus' installed a similar Kenwood DVD player which was single DIN, but doesn't seem to be made any more.

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

For a single DIN the Pioneer AVIC N2 is a good choice.

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I had the Alpine 300 in my C5 and it was great. There is a newer model out now, so you should probably be able to pick this one up for less than $1000 now and the install is straight forward. There is a module you buy that allows you to bypass the safety and watch dvds while driving.
Its bad enough we talk on cell phones while driving, and now you want to watch dvd's while driving. Didnt you just buy UGR's twin turbo viper, You dont need a dvd for a twin. :2tu:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte