Stereo wiring question's Any experienced folks?

Gottaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stereo wiring question\'s Any experienced folks?

Door wiring seems to be a pain in the A$$, I can not get through the big rubber gromet, is there a molex plug in there or just a very small tight space?

Wiring an amp? is there a gromet to run the power wire though or do I have to drill a hole in the trunk wall? Or I am thinking of mounting the amp behing the passenger seat, is there a gromet there or do I have to drill?

amy advice about fitting all the wires behind the head unit?

Thanks

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: Stereo wiring question\'s Any experienced folks?

Why not use the existing speaker wires? I know they are not 12 gauge, but they are decent.

gotV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

there is a gromet on the driver side of the trunck, but as mentioned above, just replace with a good amp and leave the stock wires...they are fine. i did just that, going with the jl 300/4 amp jl w3 10in sub in the footwell and alpine head unit/dvd/mp3/tuner. sounds great looks great....why bother anymore. just my .02

ryan

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score

To run the wires into the trunk is a real pain in the butt. There is a dead space between the RT cabin and the trunk. The only easy way to run through there is to remove the passenger side rear inner fender well. Don't drill through the rear bulkhead as the gas tank sits back there. I found the easiest thing to do in a RT is to take out the drivers seat and put the amp under the seat. You have quite a bit of space under there for an ok size amp, maybe not a huge monster amp.
Then I ran the cables under the carpet to the head unit and the power to the front power terminal.

It made for a clean install and was simpler than running through the rear trunk.

2222Viper_Interior_2-med.JPG

carguy07

Viper Owner
Reaction score

If you are running wires on the outside there is an easy way to cheat to get in the trunk. Just follow the frame rail into the rear bumper and punch a hole in the large plug/grommet. Super easy, just buy a new one as a spare and you can go back to stock in seconds.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missjazzyfitness