still have gremlins.....

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well after I fixed a poorly spiced wire a week ago, today on the way to work I turned on the heater..first time since Willow in August. Within a few seconds I had two codes P0118 (Engine Coolant Temperature Circuit High Input) and P0155 (O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction--Bank 2 Sensor 1). I don't know if turning on the heater did it or it is a coincidence. The tone of the engine changed instantly. Sounded like all the timing was pulled from the car. Heater never did get warm and I noticed temp creep up sitting at lights. Perhaps the coolant needs to be burped from Willow where the car ran real hot, even with the heater on.

figured I share...
later,
Carl

OP
OP
C

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I wasn't aware of a MIL light. The check engine light came on then the engine sound changed. When I got to work I cleared the codes.

then I discovered the battery in the key fob is dead and the car is locked......

I'm going to catch a ride to Target and get a new battery at lunch.....

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok,

The MIL is the CEL. When your heater code came up (and I'm sure the temp sensor code too) it got stored as a DTC. The Heater code is definitely a emissions related object since it has to do with your O2 sensor. Since that DTC propagated for another drive cycle and it is emissions related, it triggered the CEL and put you into Limp-In mode. That is when the PCM runs the fuel system rich. That is why your running rough. Since you have had a wiring issue, I would check the ground to those sensors.

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just re-read your last post on your other thread, these are the same sensors that were involved in the wiring issue before. Double check that crimp too.