Stock Gen III and IV Dyno, overlayed graphs?

JLorello

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Curious to see what Gen III -vs- Gen IV stock dyno graphs look like when overlayed on top of each other.

Doesn't a Gen III make more power lower in the RPM range? But, 3000/3500+ RPM the 2008+ pulls away? What about TQ?

Thanks!

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a pdf floating around somewhere from dodge of the new V10 design comparing it with the previous generations(dyno graph overlays). I remember downloading it a while back. PM me your email and i'll send it if i can find.

Also, this might ring a bell for someonelse that knows where it is on the web or VCA forums

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Do you mean these?

Attachments

• Viper08SRTPresentationHPChart03079_1_.jpg
    Viper08SRTPresentationHPChart03079_1_.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 422
  • Viper08SRTPresentationTorqueChart03079_1_.jpg
    Viper08SRTPresentationTorqueChart03079_1_.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 445
OP
OP
J

JLorello

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nice! Just what I was looking for. It does appear that down low, the Gen III produces slightly more HP and TQ.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The driving experience bears this out. The Gen IV feels a bit more docile down low, but comes on in a vengefull manner above 4000 RPM where the earlier cars flatten out.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never would have guessed.

this also puts the rumor to rest that the gen 2 makes more power then the gen 3 down low as well

345s-bspinnin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had never seen these comparison charts. Very cool, but not exactly answering the OPs questions. He did request "dyno" results (maybe he did mean engine dyno?). Either way, I am sure that the end results would be very similar, but I do wonder if the parasitic losses have been minimized over the years :dunno:

OP
OP
J

JLorello

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You are correct, didn't take the time to compute these aren't numbers being put to the pavement, just at the engine.

Regardless, still good info. It would be nice to see the RWHP and RWTQ numbers though.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea the cars really feel like the graphs depict.

Getting into my GenIV it felt so smooth and at lower RPM I felt it seemed slower, for that first 10 mile gentle drive. When I started "bonding" with it, considering my frame of rerferenece with other cars, I'd compare it to the feel of a centrifugal supercharger, as it revs up the power builds and builds to a greater degree than the GenIII. I'm now just getting comfortable with the not so subtle different feel of the throttle by wire delay and the clutch feel coupled with the way the power sneaks in and then pours on.