Stock Viper, $$ in my pocket, where do I begin?

patagoniaman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I´am new to this forum and just bought a 93 RT/10.
What would give me "best bang for the buck" in performance parts assuming I don´t want to open up the engine (no cam or heads change)but some basic shop work. Can you give me list of where to start and where to continue?

ChoiceViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Smooth tubes and filters, headers, hi flow cats, cat back exhaust, roller rockers. There's tons of stuff you can do besides heads and cams (mine are still stock).

FlyBryViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congratulations on joining the Viper Nation.
K&N filter and smooth tubes first. Then:
Cat-Back exhaust system, then high-flow cats if required, then headers.
The VEC 1 will allow you to dial-in the air/fuel ration and timing curve.
Roller rocker arms will add some HP and increase longevity.
Rear gears are one of the most "felt" mods. you can do, and you "feel" them from idle to rev limit.
That covers the somewhat simple bolt-ons. You can do more research by clicking on the above"Howto" link.
For a source, contact Jon B at www.partsrack.com
He is very knowledgeable and his advice if free. He will steer you in the right direction.

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What about the A/C kit that you was looking for ?
Headers, exhaust, K&N with smooth tubes is a good start.
You can also work on the body. Partsrack has some nice upgrades. Have a look on www.vipermania.com, they have got great hard tops.

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You will not be happy with modest Hp gains from headers, tubes, ect... Go all out and get a NX wet kit or Roe charger.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Might want to think about the sound system as well if you are really into music the stock one *****.

Reaction score
Depends if you want to Internet or bar race on go to a road course. It you want to maximize your driving pleasure, understand the limits of you and the Viper go fast on a road course then take a Skip Barber Driving school. It will also allow you to keep out of trouble on the public roads.

The Viper's massive torque has bitten more owners than anyone wants to talk about. This is true for all high performance vehicles. Vehicle dynamics and seat time learning your edge is important if you use the right pedal for adrenaline.

OP
OP
P

patagoniaman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I still haven´t found an A/C system, it doesn´t seem to be an easy task.
The Vipermania link is great, maybe a little expensive for what they offer.
Regarding the engine, I can´t go too deep on mods, since there are only 3 Vipers in the country that I´m aware of and it´s not easy to service the car.
Still, with the 3.55 gears, headers, high flow cats, smooth tubes, 1.7RR I think I can have plenty of fun.
The other mod I´m wondering about but can´t find on their catalog is Wilwood 6 piston 14" brakes for Vipers.

HOdbleFman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yea I can see it now. You look to your left at the guy at the stoplight. You both rev your engines as the adrenaline courses through your body. His nitrous purge is barely audible over the whine of his supercharged big block motor. Your nostrils sting from the pungent aroma of C16 race gas bellowing from his monstrous exhaust. You roll down your window and say, "You've met your match this time. I've been to Skip Barber driving school and you are going down."

Don't let his 9 second quarter mile car bother you. After all, you've been to driving school. Oh and don't forget the brake and suspension upgrades to really put the nail in the coffin.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yea I can see it now. You look to your left at the guy at the stoplight. You both rev your engines as the adrenaline courses through your body. His nitrous purge is barely audible over the whine of his supercharged big block motor. Your nostrils sting from the pungent aroma of C16 race gas bellowing from his monstrous exhaust. You roll down your window and say, "You've met your match this time. I've been to Skip Barber driving school and you are going down."

Don't let his 9 second quarter mile car bother you. After all, you've been to driving school. Oh and don't forget the brake and suspension upgrades to really put the nail in the coffin.

ROTF LMFAO

its true tho no matter how well you can drive if his cars faster and he can handle it you lose.

Reaction score
WV your street driving attitude and experience from traffic lights interesting.

I do enjoy a burst of speed on occasion. My preferred pleasure is a nice road course where that nitrous and snorting if not properly managed will put your Snake in the pumpkin patch. :2tu:

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Grasssssss hoppppper,

Begin with the end in mind. Too many of us (myself included) don't and spend a bunch of dough to do it. And then re-do it. And then re-do it again.

If I'd just bought a 93, I'd go with the Paxton and never look back.

Good luck,

Dan

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang