Stock vs. Random Tech cats... Flow?

andrew8896

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a mostly stock 98 GTS with Belanger headers, Random tech cats, and a Corsa catback.

The system sounds great, but is just a touch loud (neighbors complaining and everything else).

Anyways, a couple people told me I could remove the Random Tech cats and replace them with the Stock Cats after the stock cats have been opened to 3". They say this would have minimal performance impact, but would take the noise down a notch.

Anyone done this before? Any thoughts good/bad?

Thanks.

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The innards are still gonna be the choking factor. Hold a stock cat up to a light source, see anything? My point exactly. which is more important, power or quiet?

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyways, a couple people told me I could remove the Random Tech cats and replace them with the Stock Cats after the stock cats have been opened to 3". They say this would have minimal performance impact, but would take the noise down a notch.

Anyone done this before? Any thoughts good/bad?

Thanks.

Take it one step further. Take a stock cat, cut it in half, then open it up to 3" after re-welding the end back on. Take a look at a stock cat, it's actually two cats welded end to end. The newly modified stock cat will flow better, sound better then the stock cat and will pass strict CA sniffer test.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine