Stolen SRT-10

TacDoc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our local dealership had a surprise two nights ago when the 2005 Black SRT-10 in their showroom was stolen. It seems a couple of local juvi's broke into the show room and used a Stratus to drive through the front glass. They let it roll into the street and then took the Viper. Local PD converged pretty quickly and the boys turned off the beaten path and abandoned the car. The police caught them on foot. I heard rumor the keys to the cars may have been in the cars, huge faux pas. The Viper did sustain some damage, paint scratches and I think scrapes to the chin and rear diffuser. The thieves will probably get a slap on the wrist considering they were under 18.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I say stick them in juvenile jail until they're 18 and then transport them to real jail for atleast a year. I'm tired of punks getting off easy just b/c they're young. Also make them pay back the dealership for the damage and loss of value to the car as soon as they get out of jail and get a job

ViperCrazed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
V10 i have to agree you. I myself only turned 19 in December and I know tons of "punks" that would do crap like that. I put 20's on my truck and a new sound system after years of saving and how was I greeted at school? A nice key job on the tailgate. I dont know what motivates these kids to do stuff like that to cars. Ive always had the utmost respect for other peoples cars. I recently saw a black SRT in person for the first time and was timid to even take pics of it with my phone from 25 ft away.

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I say zero tolerance, I was stationed in Japan for 2 years and if those kids would have dont that there, they would have went to jail for life, NO EXCEPTIONS.

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lately in Toronto we have been having a lot of street violence and shootings most of them by juvies who know they can beat the wrap. A innocent 17 year old girl who was out shopping with her parents was killed last month by stray bullets. Some people have even come out publicly and said we should hug these guys to make them feel part of the community. Hug and **** program.

I believe in the " untouchables " philosophy......." if they send one of yours to the hospital, send one of theirs to the morg". Stop bringing knives to a gun fight and throw them in jail.

Sorry about being so passionate about this but that innocent girls death broke my heart.

Patrick

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<<......." if they send one of yours to the hospital, send one of theirs to the morg">>

I LOVE that. I agree with you 1000%. I'm one massive hardass. I think criminals should be put to death not nurtured. Some people say the death penalty doesnt deter crime...show me a dead guy who can commit a crime and i'll admit you're right

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
V10 i have to agree you. I myself only turned 19 in December and I know tons of "punks" that would do crap like that. I put 20's on my truck and a new sound system after years of saving and how was I greeted at school? A nice key job on the tailgate. I dont know what motivates these kids to do stuff like that to cars. Ive always had the utmost respect for other peoples cars. I recently saw a black SRT in person for the first time and was timid to even take pics of it with my phone from 25 ft away.

I really respect that ViperCrazed. Sorry to hear about your truck. It really ***** someone was so mean and jealous after you spent your time and money to get it the way you wanted. 95% of people show respect to other people's property and like you, even seem timid to get close to cars like Vipers. Each time I get stopped by a kid in a parking lot I offer to let them sit in mine and most ask me 2-3 times if i'm serious before they go hop in. It's always that 5% of people who are the thuggs who are jealous and like to destroy/steal other people's property

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

There are so many idiots out there it gives the young kids a real bad name. Sadly you mention high school or college now a days and people always think negative.

ViperCrazed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks, I just hate it when I get stereotyped with the other teenagers around here. Alot of them are pretty bad. of course my truck doesnt exactly help my image. I piss off alot of old folks going down the road at night. i have a 350 with ****** headers, dual flowmasters and no cats. I get either A) your truck is too loud or B) your truck smells. ?!?!!? I laugh at that.