stone protection

SBMIANO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone used the clear protection along the rockers to avoid paint chips from stones? Is it any good?

Thanks

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you speaking about clear bra???had it on my Mamba but with the heat after two years turned yellowish...

texas_venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are numerous threads on the forum regarding clear bras. Some of the older films... and cheaper brands will tend to turn yellow over time but there are good films out there (VentureShield) that will not yellow. Either way its a great investment if you want to keep your car looking new.

Sneaky Pete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All of them will yellow with enough time, heat, and/or UV exposure. It's just the nature of urethane. With that said, some are better than others in this regard.

Nowayforya

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had Ventureshield on my 04 Viper, including the rocker panels, for 5 years. No yellowing or heat issues what so ever. I also had Ventureshield on my wife’s 04 Thunderbird, which is her daily driver. Last year I removed the film on her car to have some custom work done. I inspected the film closely and it was as clear as the day it was installed in 04. Here in Texas we certainly have our share of heat and air contaminates. If you decide to use paint protection film, I would highly recommend that you use LP AERO ACRYLIC POLISH SEALANT. Paint protection film is porous and will absorb air contaminates, even stains from tree pollen over time, if not sealed properly. Also, I do not recommend using car wax, as most waxes tend to yellow with time just as they do on your car finish.
If you want to keep your Viper looking new and without rock chips, I highly recommend getting paint protection film installed.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to send me a PM.

Hal

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone used the clear protection along the rockers to avoid paint chips from stones? Is it any good?

Thanks

Yes. Had Ventureshield applied as soon as I got my '09 home. Had the sides done from all the way underneath, over the edge under the doors and up to the emblems. I also use this stuff on the painted lips in the wheel wells. Works great and I just keep reapplying it. I also use it temporarily on other areas of the car that get dinged up on the track. Looks like snakeskin when it dries and peels off in a big sheet that looks like a snake just shed it's skin. :)

Road Warrior Plus Paint Proctection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang