Stoptech SS Line Install Questions:

DavidSB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put this up on the SRT-10 forum and no replies. Anyone here installed these, and can you advise?
David

I'm in the middle of installing Stoptech SS lines all around and have a few questions for anyone who's installed them on an SRT-10.

The driver's side rear line has a second brake line that screws into the top of the block fitting where the normal hard brake line meets the SS line. What is this and is there some other system that needs to be bled, and if so, how?

The front kit comes with 6 zipties and six 3/8" long pieces of hard rubber tubing. It would appear that these somehow replace the 3-per-side white plastic stand-offs that separate the brake line from the attached black wire (wheel speed sensor?). How are these installed to seperate the two: slit one side, open and snap over the wire, and ziptie them together?

Finally, since each caliper has two bleed screws, am I correct that you always bleed the outer before the inner as you work around from RR, LR, RF to LF?

Thanks in advance for the help.
David

--------------------
'05 SRT-10 Silver: DC Performance Roll Bar, Comp Coupe Oil Pan, 5pt. Team Tech, X-Pel Clear Bra
Evo MR
E-350 7.3 PSD Sportsmobile

OP
OP
D

DavidSB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those interested in this - and from the dearth of replies, there don't seem to be many -I spoke with a tech support guy at Stoptech this afternoon who couldn't have been more helpful, so I'll answer my own questions:
The second line feeding the driver's side rear brake line is in fact the brake supply line to both rear brakes and not an additional system that needed separate bleeding. I mistakenly assumed the feed was hidden under the body pan.
The short tubing pieces and zipties are used to "stand off" the ABS electric wire from the front brake line by kind of figure-eighting the zipties around the brake line, then thru the tube and around the wire and back up thru the tube and around the brake line.
Since there is already fluid in the outer calipers, bleed the inner valve first, then tap the caliper lightly with a rubber mallet to dislodge any trapped air bubbles, and then bleed the outer valves. Makes sense not to have the air in the replacement line displace all the good fluid in the outer caliper when the shorter path is through the inner valve.
Probably more than most want to know, but useful if you ever change out your lines.
David