Straight pipes for Gen 4?

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone put straight pipes after the cats (no mufflers) on their Gen 4? No opinions please but Im sure I will get some. Any real experience and where did you get the pipes or who made them? I had this on my Gen 2 and loved the loudness but were custom made and the shop is out of business. Thanks

RMcGuinness

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have No Cats No Mufflers on my Gen 4...If loud is what u want u will have it...I had them put on at a muffler shop after aftermarket exhaust was still too quiet for me

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went open cats on my Gen IV and haven't looked back. Cold start is a fair amount louder than stock, but once it warms up, it's not too bad. I don't remember if you were at the Viper Roundup or not, but I was the B/W 08 Coupe there. I refused to spend $1500 for Corsa's that were marginally louder than stock. I spent about $200 at the body shop that painted my stripes, to replace the mufflers with a straight pipe. I imagine almost any muffler shop would be able to do the same for you, good luck!

tzortzViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Did it, but sorry did not like it at all. OEM cats with straight pipes. Sounded like Harley. Lots of drone.Lots of bass, noisy on every rpm range.

Two 2.5" straight pipes, pm to send you free.

I did catless + ACRX headers with 3" CORSA and now sounds AWESOME.
No drone but loudness is only when you step on it.
Now it really screams with a bad ass metallic at WOT and high RPM, I love it.
CORSA worths every nickel.

Just my opinion.

ACRsnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did it, but sorry did not like it at all. OEM cats with straight pipes. Sounded like Harley. Lots of drone.Lots of bass, noisy on every rpm range.

Just my opinion.

a viper that sounds like a harley .....yuk :crazy2:

OP
OP
V

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Just my opinion.

Good info and many thanks for the pipe offer but ordered the Belanger loud mouth cat back after more investigation. Had the Corsa on my other Gen 4 and even with high flo cats it was not much louder than stock. Drone does not bother me either with the Belanger loud mouth. Good price too.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte