Street Serpent Damaged

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I made it from Michigan to about an hour past St. Loius, MO when some BIG thing in the middle of the rd. Smacked the SS at 80mph. I'm a bit pissed right now. Those expecting to see a nice car in Vegas may have to overlook a smashed front.

Two days of travel left. I hope that's the last of the damage.

Sorry for the whining, I have to vent.

Jeff

OP
OP
J

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was my fault as I should not follow so close at night. The cars in front of me can pass over objects with no problem.

Not me.

Jeff

Dave Moore

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
:eek: Jeff,
I'm feeling your pain! :(
I hit a retread a couple of months back in my Copperhead at 4:30 in the am. It blew apart the front end and some carbon fiber to the tune of $3900, and mine isn't a special one of a kind custom car. Good luck with the rest of your trip. Your car looks amazing. :2tu: :headbang: You will get a ton of support in Vegas.
Dave

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry Jeff. A few years ago, in my Eclipse, I hit some FURNITURE that had fallen off a truck that didn't have it tied down at all. But, hey I got an estimate for the repair, had it repaired by a friend for cheap and pocketed a nice chunk of change. Its always a silver ling somewhere :)

QUICKV10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry Jeff. A few years ago, in my Eclipse, I hit some FURNITURE that had fallen off a truck that didn't have it tied down at all. But, hey I got an estimate for the repair, had it repaired by a friend for cheap and pocketed a nice chunk of change. Its always a silver ling somewhere :)

So, you had a bodyshop spend there time and energy to do a estamite for you, thinking they would be doing the repairs, and ended up having a friend fix it?

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

So, you had a bodyshop spend there time and energy to do a estamite for you, thinking they would be doing the repairs, and ended up having a friend fix it?
Giving an estimate is not the same as being promised you'd get the work. The friend was "cheaper" and won out.

As for Jeff... how do you even put a price on a one of a kind fabrication? :crazy:

QUICKV10

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Giving an estimate is not the same as being promised you'd get the work. The friend was "cheaper" and won out.

As for Jeff... how do you even put a price on a one of a kind fabrication? :crazy:

Well why not just get the estamite from the friend then, instead of waisting someone elses time. I'm shure that was the attent from the beginning

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well why not just get the estamite from the friend then, instead of waisting someone elses time. I'm shure that was the attent from the beginning

The original bodyshop was also a friend, and I told him I just needed a quote for the ins. co. b/c I didnt want to pay his prices for my Eclipse (he's good, but high and the car wasnt worth it). He is the one who does any Viper work for me, so he's made his $$ :)

OP
OP
J

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I'm here in Vegas but not without more to tell. After 15 hrs of driving well pulled off to stay in a hotel in Arizona. The next morning we I was about to load up only to find that some **** of the earth tried to break into the trunk with some sort of hammer. Beat the liv'in ***** out of it.

Nice.

My nerves are shot. All of the late light last minute work for not. Tomorrow I will be displaying a very imperfect car to say "How would you like your Viper to look like this?".

I think I going to just forget about all of it any try to enjoy Vegas.

I'm flying home. I hope to meet some of you here and enjoy your company. See you then.

Jeff

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff... with your luck, you and Chad must be twins seperated at birth. :D

So sorry about all the cr@p you're going through. For what it's worth... when I get my gen3, I'd want it to look just like yours (without the dings). :2tu:

Enjoy Vegas!

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
An unbelievable amount of bad luck Jeff..(!) Really sorry to hear fate has been a stowaway during your long trip.

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm here in Vegas but not without more to tell. After 15 hrs of driving well pulled off to stay in a hotel in Arizona. The next morning we I was about to load up only to find that some **** of the earth tried to break into the trunk with some sort of hammer. Beat the liv'in ***** out of it.

Nice.

My nerves are shot. All of the late light last minute work for not. Tomorrow I will be displaying a very imperfect car to say "How would you like your Viper to look like this?".

I think I going to just forget about all of it any try to enjoy Vegas.

I'm flying home. I hope to meet some of you here and enjoy your company. See you then.

Jeff

I am so sorry Jeff... I wish you could find the guy and do to his head what he did to your trunk. :bonker:

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So sorry about that and that is 100% opposite the experience we had when we droe our 1996 to vegas for our first VOI. Everyone eas helpful and respectful and took great pains to kep an eye on our car - even allowing us to park each night under the porte cochere at the hotel.

Not starting off well - hopefully you can find a high end body shop in LV through the local club and get things fixed - I know you are wanting to display the car in addition to driving it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte