Stripes

sssammm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just having black stripes painted on my silver vert,
I will do a foto record from start to finish....

will only post if they come out extra smashing.

sam

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks good, but since you're actually painting them and not using vinyl, I would have painted the center part of the front air dam so the stripes looked complete. That's how the factory stripes came and I just personally think it looks better. The stripes on mine are vinyl for now (I will have them painted on when I add the '08 hood), so I didn;t have a choice but to do my front air damn like you did.
Keep us posted as you finish it up. I could not believe how much more visual "pop" was added to the car after I had the stripes put on!

Pythonpete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks good, but since you're actually painting them and not using vinyl, I would have painted the center part of the front air dam so the stripes looked complete. That's how the factory stripes came and I just personally think it looks better. The stripes on mine are vinyl for now (I will have them painted on when I add the '08 hood), so I didn;t have a choice but to do my front air damn like you did.
Keep us posted as you finish it up. I could not believe how much more visual "pop" was added to the car after I had the stripes put on!

Um...am I blind or didn't he do as you suggested?

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Um...am I blind or didn't he do as you suggested?

I think he means completely painting the center part of the front air damn. Look at the front fascia opening, the vertical part of the grill for the lack of better name. The stripes (I think) should partially go through that area. Either way, I think it looks good.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think he means completely painting the center part of the front air damn. Look at the front fascia opening, the vertical part of the grill for the lack of better name. The stripes (I think) should partially go through that area. Either way, I think it looks good.

^^^This^^^
Sorry there's not a good way to describe it better, but yes, on the factory stripes, the stripes partially go onto the center divider of the front air damn instead of being cut off horizontally and not "wrapping" up the center vertically a little bit.
I'm not knocking it at all (his look just like mine), but I do think it looks cleaner to do it the factory way.

Pythonpete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know, I had a factory striped 06 Coupe. His stripes do go through the air damn. Or at least thats what I am seeing on my PC.

OP
OP
S

sssammm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
we toyed with this, but we found if we painted the centre of the airdam, being black paint would have just made the opening look bigger, this way
it doesnt. if it were a black car with white stripes, i would have

Plussssss, my numberplate will be in the front there

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery