Structural Bonding of Viper Parts

chickenwarrior

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the green adhesive is on Vipers used to bond parts together?
It is used all over. Bonding the fiberglass Doors (including the metal strip that is bonded inside the door that the side mirrors attach to.) the RT/10 Hardtop, the rear tub in the GTS, the plastic covers that come off above the sun visor where the RT/10 top attaches to the windshield frame, etc. I believe the adhesive is called "Methacrylate". I found an old post where the same question was asked. It is 2 years old and I even called the phone number listed for "Gary" on the thread, but it is disconnected. I have checked with 3M and the "corvette panel bonding adhesive/filler" that I was sent is not the right stuff. It is just fiberglass bondo. I realize this is going to be a two-part epoxy and I am sure will require a special gun like every other epoxy out there! I have also tried to track down the PLIOGRIP adhesive mentioned by Jay (shown below) in the thread.

You must be registered for see images

This is not a commonly available product and there are no distributors near me. I was told they sell:
7779-220 9-10 Minute Adhesive
7770-220 35 Minute Adhesive

Is this the right product?

Here is the old thread:
bonding adhesive

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ask Chuck Tator. He's been doing the 998 recalls and it requires cutting/removing the rear tub (or so I think).