Suggestion: a History of Viper Racing

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It will uncover what we've all known for years, that yellow cars are slowest. Short of a little forum sparring here and there, most of the scientific backing for that (of which there is proof that yellow cars are slowest) has been stored in archive files that only a few select people have ever seen. They will surely put at least an abstract of that data in the book, so I think it's a swell idea.

Tusc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It would be great to read or flip through, too!

I'm just reading 'Go Like Hell!', which is the story of Ford vs Ferrari and the development and history leading up to the multiple victories at Le Mans with the GT40s. Good book so far.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's a lot of talented writers on this site.ya'll should put something together.

OP
OP
S

Sittingbull101

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's a lot of talented writers on this site.ya'll should put something together.
True, but you need time to research, access to the principals (Dodge hierarchy, Oreca, the pilots) for interviews (which means travel), access to build an interesting iconography, so that the book is not another coffee table shoddy production, etc... I'd be very tempted to do it, but the writer would need one year work release, unless he is already a professional in the field. :(

Tusc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got the time if you've got the money. It could be done on behalf of the VCA. A slap job could be done in time for VOI 11. It would make a great item to include with the grab bags. That, or VOI 11 may bring out some of the folks needed for interviews which makes it a convenient travel plan. It would be a properly timed effort, since the ultimate fate of Viper under Fiat is unknown.

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm in of course but not for a slap job. Could be a thin book. Nothing major to note since the GTS, Oreca, Zakspeed. There would be no interest at all for most in club racing or ricer drifting. GTS Bruce

Tusc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
By slap job I mean an all-out push to get it done with a firm deadline in mind. Half-ass is not in my vocabula.... oh, wait. :D

I finally found a good use for having a wife whose native tongue is French. :omg:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would think you could find a few guys to research and a few guys to write it. Make it a team effort ?

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mr. Herb is retired now, so he should have a bit more time for history lessons for the person who could tackle that....:)

Not to mention with the end of the current generation Viper, it is prime time to create the end of that book....