Suggestion: For Sale or Trade Forum

Jaymz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why don't we have a for sale or trade forum. This can be setup to be limited to Viper cars and parts. All non-Viper ads should be deleted. I think the Viper community would benefit from this. I can see sub topics such as:cars, factory replacement parts, aftermarket parts, wanted parts, etc.

What does everyone think?

James
98 Red GTS

OP
OP
J

Jaymz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have seen the classifieds section off of the main page. It seems like alot of work for someone to send the pics in, email the details, etc to get an ad placed. Plus the $30 dollar charge. I would think that it would be easier to run this format off of the new webboard format. A user could place the ad 24 hrs a day and it would appear instantly. The only thing stopping this is the $30. Does the VCA make that much off of the ad fees? Probably not. I believe that using the webboard would be a better solution than the current one.

James

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Jaymz,

You must be on the wrong website...our classifieds are FREE to all VCA members (although we're considering a request for a donation when the car is sold).

We Don't ask for pics (although you could supply one) and everyone just e-mails Jay their editorial, and he has it up by the next day usually.

They work beautifully! MANY, MANY sold Vipers and satisfied new owners (as VCA members tend to take care of our Snakes better than ourselves!...heck, I don't go for a check-up every 3000 miles!)..and as we speak, Jay is preparing to install a new, more "self sufficient" classifieds package.

OP
OP
J

Jaymz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not criticizing the the current for sale system. I have never used it. I am just saying that you have invested alot of time and effort into UBB and it would be very easy to add a couple of forums. As of the $30, I misread the web page. I believe that the majority of the posts would be for aftermarket parts and wheels. I assume a few cars would (or have) been sold from the web site but most of the sales would come from aftermarket parts.

I feel that the age of these cars is getting older. These cars are starting to go to the second owner. The second owners are more likely to want to upgrade the car. I am not saying that the original owners do not upgrade their cars, but a car generally will recieve more aftermarket parts as it gets older.

I am glad to hear that the current system will be upgraded to a more "self sufficient" system.

Thanks for the info.

James
98 Red GTS

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Jaymz,

Good thought, but unless I'm mistaken, UBB would not have the Indexing capability that we're looking for in the classifieds software. We'd like to make it as easy as possible to post AND find the car or parts you're looking for. The package that Jay is testing does the trick as it is truly specific to classifieds.