Sunday November 23rd Brunch Cruise

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Splash Restaurant & Bar

Join us for an award-winning Sunday brunch on 11/23 in Wesport, CT. "Located in the beautiful town of Westport in a corner of an historic inn with an uninterrupted and breathtaking view of the Long Island Sound, Splash has just been awarded by The Food Network "best of" New England waterfront dining. Splash has rediscovered its American roots and deftly blends them with Asian accents."

splash03.jpg
splash02.jpg

Thanks to Jimmy for finding and recommending Splash. The price is $30per person for the all-you-eat-buffet stations which is incredible and the food is aplenty. Bring your appetite! We may be joined by an interesting celebrity and new NY/CT member...stay tuned.

Splash:
http://www.decarorestaurantgroup.com/restaurants/splash/

260 Compo Road South
Westport, Connecticut 06880

Meeting Locations:
TBD
Brunch @11:30am

Last edited by a moderator:

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bring your bathing suits in case you get wet.:shark: Only kidding, and no I didn't say to wear your bathing suits!:omg: Count me in plus 1 please.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bring your bathing suits in case you get wet.:shark: Only kidding, and no I didn't say to wear your bathing suits!:omg: Count me in plus 1 please.

THIS AIN'T THE BLUE OYSTER CLUB FOR CRYING OUT LOUD :lmao::rolaugh:!

(I kid, I kid ;))

If I entered that restaurant with my usual appetite I'd eat so much that I would probably put them out of bussiness :omg:

OP
OP
V

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Confirm So Far
*** BLK
Jimmy + 1
Spirit + 1
ViperTony
Mike + Barb.
Lbstone (mystery guest) :D

OP
OP
V

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
*** BLK
Jimmy + 1
Spirit + 1
ViperTony+1
Mike + Barb.
Lbstone? (mystery guest) :D
GregA

OP
OP
V

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
*** BLK
Jimmy + 1
Spirit + 1
ViperTony+1
Mike + Barb.
GregA
Tusc+1
MKTAXMAN+1
00VPRGTS
Plum + 1

Last edited by a moderator:

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, oh striped one....sounds like a great place! Wife may still be on her CA business trip so I will probably still be on kid watch duty. But, if her plans change, I (we) will try to make it.

Thanks for setting up...hope to be more involved in '09!

Peter

OP
OP
V

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
*** BLK
Jimmy + 1
Spirit + 1
ViperTony+1
Mike + Barb.
GregA
Tusc+1
MKTAXMAN+1
00VPRGTS
Plum + 1
Vipuronr (maybe, maybe)

BTW, our mystery guest is America's Strongest Man a.k.a Derek Poundstone. Just joined the VCA site and will soon be a NY/CT member. For more info on Derek, visit: Derek Poundstone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
*** BLK
Jimmy + 1
Spirit + 1
ViperTony+1
Mike + Barb.
GregA
Tusc+1
MKTAXMAN+1
00VPRGTS
Plum + 1
Vipuronr (maybe, maybe)
City & Jesse

BTW, our mystery guest is America's Strongest Man a.k.a Derek Poundstone. Just joined the VCA site and will soon be a NY/CT member. For more info on Derek, visit: Derek Poundstone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/quote]

OP
OP
V

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It looks like Sunday is going to be cold, possible high of 40 (maybe) but plenty of sunshine. Please be careful with your Vipers in this weather...too many accidents this time of year.

Looks like we have 23 attending. I will let the restaurant know the final count this evening. I'll post up a meeting spot for the CT crew tomorrow. If anyone has a good location along Rte 8 near Wtby/Prospect, please post the info or PM me.

*** BLK
Jimmy + 1
Spirit + 1
ViperTony+3
Mike + Barb.
Lbstone+1(mystery guest) :D
GregA
Tusc+1
MKTAXMAN+1
00VPRGTS
Plum + 1
Vipuronr (maybe, maybe)
City & Jesse
SnakeBite52

BTW, our mystery guest is America's Strongest Man & World Strongest Law Enforcement Officer a.k.a Derek Poundstone. Just joined the VCA site and will soon be a NY/CT member. For more info on Derek, visit: Derek Poundstone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
*** BLK
Jimmy + 1
Spirit + 1
ViperTony+3
Mike + Barb.
Lbstone+1(mystery guest)
grin.gif

GregA
Tusc+1
MKTAXMAN+1
00VPRGTS
Vipuronr (maybe, maybe)
City & Jesse
SnakeBite52

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Sunday November 23rd Brunch Cruise Meeting spot and directions

MEETING SPOT AND DIRECTIONS:

Meeting spot is the commuter parking lot off exit 18 I95 Westport Ct. on the Sherwood Island Connector. Southbounders take a right off the ramp, northbounders take a left off the ramp. The parking lot is on the right hand side just past Green Farms Rd. Meeting time is 11:00 AM, leaving time is 11:15 AM, we'll leave in a group and travel to Splash together.

Easiest way to get to Splash:
Take I95 South for those in Ct North of Westport or I95 North for those below Westport or traveling from NY or LI. Get off exit 18 Westport/ Sherwood Island. Southbounders take a right and Northbounders take a left onto Sherwood Island Rd. Stay in the lefthand lane. At the second traffic light, take a left onto Green Farms Rd. You'll end up running next to I95. Take a left at the next traffic light onto Compo Rd South. Take your 5th right onto Longshore Rd at the sign that says Westport Longshore Golf Club. If looking on the map, the road alternates between Longshore Rd and Julian Brodie Rd. Stay on this road until you must bear to the left. There's a large parking lot on the right front of Splash and a smaller parking lot to the left of Splash. If you go to the small lot and can't find a spot to park, it's a one way street so you will have to go out and then come back in again.
To leave, just drive past splash, you're on Herbert Baldwins Lane, and just stay to the right till you get back to Comp Rd South. If anyone wants my cell phone number, PM me.

OP
OP
V

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scott, I'm bringing my 6 and 4 year old daughters I'm sure they'd love to hang out with Jesse. See everyone tomorow!

Brake Dust

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry i am so late. Please count me in +1

where are we meeting ? mobil on hutch ?
what time ? whizzed where are you

OP
OP
V

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone that came out this morning. We had 15 people show up. Food was aplenty. Derek/Crystal is was a pleasure meeting you both. Hopefully we'll see you again when we start the '09 season. Brett (Tusc) thanks for showing up and hopefully we've inspired you on your Viper purchase journey. Jimmy thanks for recommending Splash. Hopefully we'll have some pics posted soon.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great brunch spot! Thanks to the CT Crew for today's fun.

Man all you can eat AND great food??? :D:2tu:

Stopped to load up the trunk with shells from the beach on the way home.

00VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jimmy,

Great recommendation for a brunch, location and food was great. Also, thanks for the quick tour of Westport, makes me feel like I live in the slums! Oh, those are some nice head gaskets you got there.

Tony- thanks for organizing again. Always a pleasure.

Everyone else,

It was great hanging on a beautiful cold day. Time to get the Viper ready for hibernation.

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
View Large Photo

Sorry Chuck, I had forgot to "share" that folder. Try the new link and let me know if it works for you and if you can see all 41 pictures by using the slideshow. Scott, you should be able to download or save the pics, let me know how that works.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21