Super SUV

TacDoc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I liked the Renegade products shown to us at Gingerman, but not sure its the right thing for me. I figured a nice 32' trailer with lift would be grand, but with my GTS on board too much for my diesel Excursion to pull. I have found the ultimate tow vehicle however. A super SUV based on a F-650 chassis. Go to www.cowboycadillac.com. and click on Ford. I only wish I could do the same to a Ram 3500 dually. I hear the new 600 series diesel is strong.

Bill B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They did a story on these on one of the weekend car shows on tv. The F-650 model was around 100k and got 3.8 miles to the gallon!

BadVenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TacDoc,

A Guy named Tom is the owner of that Company, www.cowboycadilliac.com.

They do MANY Custom Tow vehicles. When I used to own and drive my own racecars, I had a Freightliner FL-70 with a custom Western Hauler bed done by this guy.

Once things turned and I started driving for other car owners, Tom made three phone calls and sold my unit for me, for $500.00 more than I was asking after he took out his commission!

He is a first class act! Nothing but Top Shelf equipment, suppliers and vendors.

If a guy wants a custom hauler, I would go nowhere else other than Tom and Cowboy Cadillac.

P.S. my $0.02, The small 3/4 sized Freightliner FL Series, 50, 60 and 70's are the only way to go. They have all the Big Rig stuff, 22.5" wheels, air ride cab and seats, daycab, extended cab, 4 door crew cab, sleepers, 300 hp and up Cat's, BUT, they do not have a splitter tranny, nor Air Brakes, meaning no CDL, Commercial Drivers License required to operate one. Also small enough to not have to stop at all the scales on the interstates.

OP
OP
T

TacDoc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BadVenm, thanks for the info. I wish D/C made a rig that would replace my Excursion and add towing strength, but until that time it looks like I will be talking to Tom. I dont know if he can do an FL-70 SUV conversion but I will ask. The gas mileage is no big deal. Towing to gingerman I only got 7 mpg with my Ford.

_Niz_

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What ever happened to the Power Wagon Dodge was concepting??

256F6502.jpg