SuperCar Shootout, Dec. 13th Bradenton, FL

fuelman

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
One of our active members, Richie has arranged what will be one of the great Viper / Supercar Drage events ever. More info to follow, but if you want pm me or call Richie directly at 352-527-3142 This is a great time of year to visit Florida...

Quote from Richie:
I have a lot of details too still work out. The biggest problem is, most people not wanting to send their money in early. This hinders with planning the event since many vendors want to see head counts before pledging a commitment. This is why I am asking for at least a good faith deposit in advance from all who normally attend or would like to do so.

Supporting vendors so far include Adam (AB) of Quality Wires with not 1 set of wires, but 9 sets. One for each generation and color.

Jon B of Partsrack has generously offered to donate(3) $150 gift certificates. He has pledged to consider increasing the offer after seeing the turnout of cars planning to attend.

I am working currently with several other vendors and with the help of some of my Viper friends this will be a fun filled weekend for both racers and family attendees.

Food - The concession stand will be closed and we will provide food and beverages. I hear we might even have someone step up and sponsor that so we don’t have to stick to potato chips and soda pop.

Lodging- We have in past years determined the Hampton Inn to be both close too the track and comfortable too our needs. Group rates will be made availabe based off our pre-registered participants.

Any questions or suggestions can be made to myself publicly or through pm.

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So far I have over 20 people registered for the event. To make it easier I have a paypal acct. If you like to send your money and register that way all you need is my e-mail addy. [email protected]

Is anyone interested in a test and tune Friday? The track is closed and I have talked to Dave down at Bradenton Speedway. He is willing to work with me and I will need a head count for that since I am not sure what they will ask from us. Normally it is 6 cars for 4 hours at a cost of $1200. For this event that pricing does not work for us. I am awaiting Daves call back since he needs a day to sharpen his pen
Another vendor has signed on

American Racing Headers is donating a $1000 coupon towards a Viper System.

Sam Stonemaster has voluteered to help us & has also voluteered his wife. Thanks again Sam

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I need everyone who is coming too send me a PM with info on their car plus their full names. This is being required of me for a certain vendor who is considering upping their current pledge.

Discount Auto Tires has stepped up and is sending (70) coupons for $50 off of a set of tires or $100 off of tires and rims. This alone is worth between $3500 & $7000 of goodies. I have to tip my hat too DAT for stepping up with such a generous donation. If you have any tire questions or just want to call Travis to say thanks I am sure he would appreciate it. If anyone is buying tires before the event please let them know we are trying to also support our vendors. The best way too say thanks is too purchase from them.

Home - Discount Tire Direct

1 888 459-4080

I have a new 3.55 gear that we will be giving away. Brand new and purchased from Parts Rack. Still in the box, fluid is even included. Instead of returning it too Parts Rack, Andy has decided to throw it in with all the other prizes and giveaways we will be having.

I said this month I have specific goals for this event. My head count is over 27 that are committed. More news to come later about Dyno Day @ Heffners on Friday.
http://www.viperalley.com/forum/track/67529-bradenton-2008-viper-national.html

OVERBOOST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PM sent. I should be back in time for this one. Can I bring this one to run also?
picture.php

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think this thread should be moved to the Gen 1-2 and 3 forum (or at least the "General" forum) for maximum visibility (possibly get a mod to make it a sticky). Hardly anyone checks this forum.

OP
OP
fuelman

fuelman

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Can we put a whole mess of Nitrous on that rig Overboost? I would like to see it run with a 500 hp shot.. A few years ago at the V10-nationals we had a class where the tow vehicles raced, it was competitive, some of the tow rigs were in the 12s.

PM sent. I should be back in time for this one. Can I bring this one to run also?
picture.php

OP
OP
fuelman

fuelman

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I think this thread should be moved to the Gen 1-2 and 3 forum (or at least the "General" forum) for maximum visibility (possibly get a mod to make it a sticky). Hardly anyone checks this forum.

How do we move it? And how do we get a sticky? You can tell I am real sharp with the computer..

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Done. I just posted links in the two forums to this thread. That should get the blood flowing :2tu:

OVERBOOST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can we put a whole mess of Nitrous on that rig Overboost? I would like to see it run with a 500 hp shot.. A few years ago at the V10-nationals we had a class where the tow vehicles raced, it was competitive, some of the tow rigs were in the 12s.

Hell....I think it would take 1000 hp shot to get this pig in the 12s. It's a full body armor HV. As for the 1000 shot it just might go....
picture.php

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can not sit here and drink my coffee and enjoy my day knowing there are some young men and women who could possibly lose their life protecting my freedom. I believe in the power of pray and I also believe in helping my fellow brothers. I would like to make a small donation overboost in your name. Consider your registration paid for. Now you must come home and kick some butt on the track.

:usa:God Bless America:usa:

OVERBOOST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't thank you enough Richie.:2tu: Like I said in the PM. It means a lot to know that there is people like you. That's why I am over here.:usa:

Thank you,
Josh

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike 99RT10 would like to sponsor Brent VPRGTS. Seems like I am not the only one who has a soft spot for the men and women serving in the Armed Forces. Brent I hope when you read this it reinforces how grateful we are for the sacrifices that you are making.

:usa:

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You guys are awesome for setting up a Viper event like this. And even greater that you are supporting some of our US troops. :usa::2tu:

I wish I could go, but Im in California. Id love to see something like this set up here in Cali.

Hope you guys have a blast, look forward to vids and I REALLY hope some of the fueds over at the Alley get settled on the track. Should make for some good racing.

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I should be there with or without my car. If not my car, I'll run one of Fuelman's cars :D. He has quite the stable.

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Street Tire Shootout-$2000 payout

Progress on getting this race is well ahead of schedule and I'm appreciative of all those who have stepped up so far. Kevin from Underground Racing has agreed to sponsor the street tire shootout event with a $2000 cash award for the winner. He has also registered five slots for himself and a couple of his customers.

Kevin builds some serious cars up there in North Carolina and will showcase some of his newest technologies at the race. Making such a generous donation to this event shows his commitment to supporting his customers and the other racers who will participate. If anyone has any questions or would like to caravan with Kevin's crew give him a call @ 704 361-3443. This might be a good opportunity to schedule any and all work you might need for the event. The tuners will be working very ******* other projects that will be coming down to Bradenton. If you just need a tune before coming down schedule early and be ready for a few fun days in the sun.

I am focused on getting the Viper community back together for some spirited racing and genuine camaraderie like when had in the beginning and I definitely see it heading in that direction.

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Friday December 12th we will be having a dyno day at Jason Heffners shop. From 9-4 we will have the dyno available.The fee will be $75 for 3 pulls and all the money from Dyno day will be donated back to the event. Jason also has a slot reserved to run his Gallardo.

Doug Levins will also be participating in the event. I am sure he will be bringing something up here that is fast. As we enter the second week of August I already have 32 people that have paid to come out and play.

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My favorite Picture from last year. The second car is Wards S7. His car is stunning in person. This year we will all go out again and have a blast.

You must be registered for see images attach

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We just received another donation from a new sponsor for the race. Vipair Racing has generously donated two custom Gen 3/4 hoods for award prizes at the Supercar Shootout. Steve from Vipair is recently becoming active on the Viper boards under the screen name of GTSR-001. Thanks again to Steve and we hope to see you at the races.
Here are a few pics of one of the hoods. This hood is not yet on vipairs site so I figured I share it with everyone.
Link to Vipair
Vipair Performance Products Home Page
You must be registered for see images

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was able to secure a picture today of the Gen1 hood that will also be included with all our other goodies. I have talked to some of the nicest people in the Viper community this past week. Anyone you see on my flyer has been generous with their support of the event. I know JonB already has received a sales call too sell another gear since Andy has donated his 3.55 that is brand new in the box.

So far I have 2 sponsors who called me and asked too be involved. This speaks volumes about the respect that we receive from our vendors and tuners. Collectively our buying power is so high it is off the chart. I am now trying to put this power too good use.

In our annual Bradenton event I do not believe we ever had more then one tuner participate as a driver. We currently have 4. Last week I spoke too Doug Levin about the race. I felt great when he told me how excited he felt too get out an do some racing with the Supercars. For us this is a chance too spank our own tuner in a race.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drock187