Supercharged Venom 650R

ViperCorp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone have a Supercharged Venom650R? If so, what considerations are there for doing this, as different from a "stock" Viper.

I also have NOS w/200 shot -- should I look into bigger gears? What about the tranny - will it hold up? What upgrades should I consider to accomodate a SC?

01 Venom 650R

PS: Anyone in Phoenix have a Roe SC? How is it working with the HEAT?

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
I'd stick with your current setup. You should have plenty of HP and TQ with the 200 NOS on top of a 650R and beat anybody with just a Roe S/C ( NO FLAME ). If you want to add a S/C you're going to have to modify the heads and lower the compression ratio, maybe change the cam...kinda going contra to your N/A & NOS setup. You might be better off selling your car and buying an S/C car or a stock Viper and adding an S/C. Good luck with your decision. Just my .02.

V

vegasviper

I seriously doubt that it will beat the S/C. Oxide runs out, also 650R does not put out claimed HP

Reaction score
One bottle can last most people a whole night of racing, some of the serious guys run 2 bottles. If you don't mind filling up and topping off the N20 car would beat the Roe SC anyday. But it really depends on what you want to do with the car, and the ease of its use.

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a fellow I believe he is UtahViper on this forum who has a roe sc on top of a [******] 650 and it produced about 700 RWHP. Very respectable.

A strong combination, one of the strongest Roe S/C cars that I have seen, but not strong enough to take down a simple but potent heads and nitrous car. And don't forget about the ease of drivability of a nitrous car. I love the on demand, maintenance free asp kickin performance of nitrous and the fact that I can drive my car anywhere. Nitrous will benefit practically any combination.

Just my $ 0.02

Tom

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
I seriously doubt that it will beat the S/C. Oxide runs out, also 650R does not put out claimed HP

I seriously doubt you know what you're talking about. Do you own a 650R? Have you ever driven a 650R? Have you ever seen one dynoed? Have you ever read the test Motor Trend did? I'll bet your answers are NO! And if you did read the Motor Trend test you're probably too stupid to understand it. :p Don't flame my or anyones 650R unless you can back it up with facts. When I see a Roe S/C Viper on the front cover of Motor Trend tested to 215 mph then I'll worry about your car!

V

vegasviper

The answer is Yes I have and they put out about 530RWHP. Do you have dyno sheets?

Maybe you feel stupid for paying so much for a 650R. Why dont you dyno, post results and then we will talk.

You could always come down to Vegas for an ASP Whoopin

Martin D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vegas Viper you are clueless. A good 650R runs hard. No flame at all to the Roe cars....to each his own. But a good heads and cam car with a shot is a great combo. In fact. I will lay this out here for the taking. I am willing do to a 70-170 run with a Roe car(5 or 8lb) on just motor. We can film it.

If any of you Atlanta boys want to step to the plate for kicks and giggles, let me know. I would like to see the outcome. Now, as for Vegas, you have a different agenda and are speaking with your a$$.

Regards,

Mark Red GTS Cooper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys,, there are documented cases where the 650 did not come close to the expected HP claim.

No flame, pure fact,, There is a care here in the Mid Atlantic area that dyno'd way lower that expected..

Mark

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1tony1 has a Roe, right? I would like to see that! I'll come up to watch and hold the camera! My money is on the Roe car, but it will be dam close. Shold be a no NOS race though. My $.02

V

vegasviper

Martin, on Oxide yes, on motor no way. 650R in Vegas dynoed at 470. Im trying to be nice by saying some dynoed at 530RWHP

Reaction score
The 650's that have come out these past few years have made more power than the older ones. Just like any company, the work will get better in time also the technology and expeierence.

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 650's that have come out these past few years have made more power than the older ones. Just like any company, the work will get better in time also the technology and expeierence.

The thing is, that vegas chick doesn't have a clue what she's talking about Ace. She probably wasn't even around in the old days to see a 650R in action anyway. I agree with Martin, she's just talkin outa her a**, gettin too caught up with the keyboard. I'd put money up on ViperCorp's Viper vs. yours any day girl. Since I sold it to him.

Or we can all just post dyno sheets. LOL. BACK AWAY FROM THE KEYBOARD LOSER!

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
V

ViperCorp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Trey! Whats up!? You sold me a beast! Just to let you know, I haven't had any problems with it and put about 5K on her. Runs a little hot but thats expected here in Phoenix and having an 01.

As for above, I think I still have the Dyno sheets somewhere for the car ... I recall 547 RWHP (motor) and 757 RWHP (juice) - sound about right Trey?

Most importantly, don't forget about my original question ... about SC'ing a Venom.

(PS: I probably remove the nitrous after getting the SC installed)

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Trey! Whats up!? You sold me a beast! Just to let you know, I haven't had any problems with it and put about 5K on her. Runs a little hot but thats expected here in Phoenix and having an 01.

As for above, I think I still have the Dyno sheets somewhere for the car ... I recall 547 RWHP (motor) and 757 RWHP (juice) - sound about right Trey?

Most importantly, don't forget about my original question ... about SC'ing a Venom.

(PS: I probably remove the nitrous after getting the SC installed)

Shhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

You know as well as I do that 650's don't make power! It's gotta be true cause vegas said so.

Life is great on my side of the field my friend, thanks for asking. I'm glad you're havin fun with your Venom 650R! That was the fastest one I've ever owned! I've been meaning to e-mail you to see if you needed anything. Take care man. And keep it between the lines.

You've got one AWESOME car!

BTW if you are considering a S/C, I would definitely beefen up the bottom end. But that seems like an awful lot of power. You definitley have the bug that we've all had. Nothin wrong with that.

V

vegasviper

Hey King, it didnt make that much power, so you found another sucker to buy it.

F****** joke the both of you.

Line it up and i'll spot you an ASP Whoopin

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey King, it didnt make that much power, so you found another sucker to buy it.

F****** joke the both of you.

Line it up and i'll spot you an ASP Whoopin

Yup. You saw it first hand guys. Juvenile smack at its worst. I think we've taken this thread
enough vegas. I had to respond because I just couldn't believe you would knock a guys car when you have 0 first hand knowledge about him or his Viper. You looked like a real a**hole man. Think it through before you type it out next time sport. That wasn't too cool.

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is some pure facts for everyone. I have a 650R with a Roe Supercharger and my car is pretty fast. Before I installed the Roe SC I dynoed my car and got a best 536RWHP/555 RWTQ. I then took my heads off and sent them to my good friend Bill Thompson([******] old head porter) and had him fix a broken valve guide, dome the heads, give it a valve job, and hog-dog the ports bigger for better flow. Anyway, I do not know what my numbers were after that but I would say they probably stayed the same because I lost compression(less power) from doming the heads but I gained power because he took out more metal in the ports.
After SC install, 714RWHP/730RWTQ @8lbs of boost.

Anyway, the original question was
Does anyone have a Supercharged Venom650R? If so, what considerations are there for doing this, as different from a "stock" Viper.

I also have NOS w/200 shot -- should I look into bigger gears? What about the tranny - will it hold up? What upgrades should I consider to accomodate a SC?

01 Venom 650R

PS: Anyone in Phoenix have a Roe SC? How is it working with the HEAT?

Decrease compression, use a smaller shot of NOS, get stock gears, extreme heavy duty half shafts, new fuel system, possibly a new cam depending on the spec's of your cam, and consider buying a 55 gallon drum of Toulene for gas octane booster. The petrol idea was from another thread and I have to say I love it! It cost me $2.9 per gallon and I mix about 15% of it with regular fuel and away you go! It is not something you have to do but I aways want the most out of my car and it is simple to and 3-4 gallons per fill up.

A far as the heat is concerned, what a difference 10 degrees makes and 30-40 degrees is incredible. I would say 40-50 HP from the morning temp of 65-70 degrees to the afternoon temp of 95-105 degrees.

I am wanting to go to vegas when the weather cools down and see if I can put down any better numbers there because of the decrease in altitude (4500-2500ft) but I know eventually I will be going to Cali for my big numbers. That will happen when I am running 12lbs of boost with the after cooler and a new fuel system. I hoping by the end of the year but we will have to see when the after cooler actually comes out.

If you do all the things I have done and will do then add 100 shot of NOS and you should be around 900RWHP/1000RWTQ. 8lbs 714 + 85 more from 4 extra lbs of boost and after cooler=800RWHP+100 shot of NOS=900RWHP and at least 1000RWTQ. With that much power you better look at upgrading the bottom end. I do not know if it will take that much power even in small bursts. Without the bottom end work and installing most of it yourself look at ~$12000 for everything.

PM me if you have any further questions.

V

vegasviper

It's about 650R VS. S/C, you just didnt like what the facts.

With intake and head work only, i smoked a 700R

V

vegasviper

It's about 650R VS. S/C, you just didnt like the facts.

With intake and head work only, I smoked a 700R

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's about 650R VS. S/C, you just didnt like what the facts.

With intake and head work only, i smoked a 700R

This will be my last post here. Your smack is weak. You don't have the skill for me and I don't feel like givin any auditions tonight. But since you put it like that.....

What's the best time you've gotten outta your S/C Viper vegas? Let's see it. I personally witnessed SW bust out a 9.998 with my same exact set up that I had! And didn't Albert Choubler do even better? Speak up guys. That was a Venom 650R btw. Or were you not around when that post went up here? The search feature can save you from havin to take your foot outta your a**. Try using it! Now thrill us all with that amazing time you ripped off with your S/C car sport.

Thanks for comin out...God bless you...Goodnight.

V

vegasviper

Hey King, I was done with drag racing 3 Yrs. ago. I do the real stuff now, road race.

Just to be clear, you want us to believe that a 650R motor only ran a 9.99et??????

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SW and Albert Choubler are some the best Viper drivers in the country....... I am sure either one of them could easly drop.25 to.4 off my times. That is why they drive the fastest Vipers in country.....a car is only as fast as the driver.

Cudaman :usa:

Reaction score
Cudaman,

Thanks for the kind words,but I am far from being one of the best drivers. Normally I just stand on the gas and close my eyes for 9 seconds. LOL, and hopefully SW is still behind me. J/K.

The venom cars that have run 9 sec. times have been on the gas.

Norm K. had a 700 R and it ran 10.47 all motor.

I think th SC cars could get faster but it seems like their owners aren't taking them to the track and learning the car.

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maverick The Electrician.... There is nothing like experience behind the wheel ...... my car only had been seriously modified (8 lbs pulley) just a few weeks prior to V-10 Nationals. I had only about 5-7 1/4 runs prior to my 10.361 run at Bowling Green and Larry Macedo was fine tuning car day before (@ V-10 test and tune).

Not trying to make excuses.... but faster times are a head ..... hopefully soon we will have our after cooler so we Roe S/C will be on the same playing field as rest of the S/C's. Hopefully by the time the Norwalk, Ohio event comes around I will have a lot more experince.

Cudaman :usa:

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In fact. I will lay this out here for the taking. I am willing do to a 70-170 run with a Roe car(5 or 8lb) on just motor. We can film it.

What are you driving.....a Supra ? Since you don't go to the dragstrip I will do you s/c only...5 psi...stock motor... from a 10 roll.....10-140....thats a quarter mile for me. You run the nitrous one time and without it one time.
Oh yea..... we will definatly film it.

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL, i sure hope all this smack is gonna end up on the track here in good ol Ohio so i can see it all go down.. Id hate to think thisll be nothing more than just keyboard warrior stuff.

Off topic; my latest and ohh so humble best has now dipped to 11.82 this past sunday. (Look out J Smith Im comin) LOL

Tonight will be the next bout with the track

But of course I digress and Im not SC or a 650R

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96