Supercharged Viper Owners, what is your level of excitement when driving

Built 2 Go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
New to the board (1st posting)

Are there any Supercharged Viper owners who would like to share a few words on your behind the wheel feelings/level of excitement, when driving your Supercharged Snake. I'm sure those Owners with High Powered Modified Vipers probably have equal feelings/level of excitement and may wish to chime in. Those Viper owners who are considering this upgrade or High HP upgrades, would probably love to see your words and feel your emotions.

Last week I received back my newly Supercharged 93 Gen I Viper fron Paxton, currently 528 hp & 548 torque (at the rear wheels). Fairly nice numbers for an old Gen I motor with only Edlebrock headers.

Finishing touches were done by Dan Cragin (DC Performance), who also consulted with Paxton on this Supercharged prototype. I've owned this Viper since 1994. I'm a newly born baby to "Supercharging" and was I in for an earth-shattering, unbelievable experience when I started the engine and drove away.

First off, I have never driven a Stronger or more Powerful car in my 41 years of driving Performance cars. Hitting the gas gave me a Spectacular driving feeling of Unmerciful Strength and Non Stop Power due to the shear H/P, Torque and Quickness of the Snake. Love that Torque! My adrenaline is still high knowing this Viper has a new Venomous Bite and should be Feared by the new 400/500hp Vettes, Cobra's, Porsche's, Exotics and the list goes on. What really blows my mind...At a light or at idle, the Viper just does its normal low 400-500 RPM purr/hiss.

My feelings on Supercharging...best thing since slice bread, fun/excitement factor is up to the level of purchasing/owning a new 2005 Viper (remember that feeling of new ownership & your first drive),Adrenaline factor is way above anything I have experienced, far exceeding all my Expectations!

For those considering Supercharging, my Viper drives better then before. I noticed a nice improvement in not having to shift as much at lower speeds and I noticed very nice power in 5th gear, when used. I assume all this is due to more gas flowing, more air and increased HP and Torque.

Special note: May the Legendary Venomous Viper Bite be Forever & Foremost in the minds of the Horses, Bulls, Cobra's, Crossed Flags and so on, when we cross paths in Health Competition.

Thanks in advance to all that care to share a few words on your Supercharged/Modified High HP Snake.
note: my unit is minus a special outside air inlet that is being manufactured by Paxton. The projected HP increase is 20 when installed in May...can't wait.

Built 2 Go

98MODMTR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Supercharged Viper Owners, what is your level of excitement when drivin

I have only had the chance to drive one blown GTS. It was making north of 800rwhp. It was just not right! It hurt upon excelleration right at the jaw bone. I couldn't see anything. Just never stopped pulling. Power was there as long as you had the ****.

In short, something I hope to obtain for myself in the future!!!

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

you will want more...trust me...even at 800...you will get used to it and want more power.

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Absolutely LOVE my blown snakes! my cars run like beasts and have that appeal that makes them fast just sitting still. Even when i pass through parking lots i always get the thumbs up. You can hear the blower from a mile away and when you lift the hood-ELNUTSO takes place. I recommend anybody that wants ALL AROUND appeal to go the SC route!!!!!!
Max

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have enjoyed mine. I've had both the Roe and now a custom Paxton done by Underground Racing. The car has performed well above expectation. It will also put a perma grin on your face. :eek: :D

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It will also put a perma grin on your face.

Perma grin, I like that. :2tu: It's not trademarked is it? :D That's what I had the first time I broke the drag radials loose at 85 accelerating through 3rd. :eek:

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If I added one, I don't think it could change anything. On a scale of 1 to 10, I am a 10 now (no supercharger), in terms of driving excitement...hahaha

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The first month or so with a SC is NUTS! :headbang:
The rush, every time you step on the GAS is just amazing!

There ain't much like it! :2tu:

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If I added one, I don't think it could change anything.

Haha, you have NO idea what kind of change it will bring about!! :D

Woody

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm with Casey...Night and Day difference after supercharging. You didn't think that your smile could get any bigger.....WRONG!

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I have only driven my Supercharged car 3 times due to only having it installed for 5 days, but all I can say is WOW. The car is so much more fun I really can't believe it. For the first time since I bought the car I want to get home just to drive it around. I only have a ROE kit without other mods, so it is not a HP monster but the instant torque really makes it fun. As everyone has said, no matter how much you have you always want more. I could see having another 100 wheel. I am sure I will get some of that with the W/M kit and some tuning so I feel pretty damn good about right now!

Drmcar

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm with Casey...Night and Day difference after supercharging. You didn't think that your smile could get any bigger.....WRONG!

I agree!! :2tu:

vviperr

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Sean Roe supercharged my ACR last fall. At first it scared the sh.t out of me. Showing off to a fellow non-supercharged ACR owner in Daytona last fall, I did a 270 right in front of the Daytona speedway (luckily I was on a 4 lane road, no one was coning, and I didn't hit the median). Very embarressing. I then went to Panoz driving school. It is a rush, but be careful.

AJT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I love my DLM supercharged machine. The smile never leaves!

Andy

unreelviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have the roe 10lb charger and it is a "BLAST!". My car is currently at Heffners Performance getting the w/m kit installed and getting tuned up. I can't wait to see what it dyno's.....a supercharged viper is just "unreel" to drive.

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Does "liquid supercharging" count?? Nitrous gives you the same feeling and when I hit the button, I am grinning from ear to ear. Never driven a S/C Viper but nitrous will put you back in your seat. I love feeling, can't explain it though.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have the roe 10lb charger and it is a "BLAST!". My car is currently at Heffners Performance getting the w/m kit installed and getting tuned up. I can't wait to see what it dyno's.....a supercharged viper is just "unreel" to drive.

Post up the dyno results!!!! :2tu: :2tu: :2tu:

DEADEYE

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Hey guys- what would a roe 8lb + Corsa catback make with no headers? I just want a ball park figure before I dyno it. I really wanna get the headers first though.

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It will also put a perma grin on your face.

Perma grin, I like that. :2tu: It's not trademarked is it? :D That's what I had the first time I broke the drag radials loose at 85 accelerating through 3rd. :eek:

Hey Ronnie you should break it loose with the pilot sports. I'm referring to your newest setup. It can get reeeaaalll scarey :D

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey Ronnie you should break it loose with the pilot sports. I'm referring to your newest setup. It can get reeeaaalll scarey

No way would I want to drive on Pilots with this setup. That would be like driving on ice 24/7. You North Carolina boys are crazy! :shocked:

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score

"Viper" is the gearhead word for smile.
"Supercharged Viper" is the gearhead phrase for euphoria.
For those of you who have NOS, just imagine the same feeling, available all the time without refilling any bottles, at almost all RPM levels and with greater control.

Fishtail

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Cant get enough of the full time power! Boost is what makes the world go 'round. My car kicks *** and I couldn't live without the fix. DLM delivers :2tu:

-lou

superdavz

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Its a difference between night and day!

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Love mine, night and day difference from when the car was a heads/cam car. It's a great tool to scare the crap out of any passenger!

OP
OP
B

Built 2 Go

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thank you to everyone who shared there feelings and thoughts on the impact SUPERCHARGING had on you.

Built 2 Go

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Not sure if you are asking all generations or just Gen I/II. But in case Gen III perspective is okay I will pass on mine.

Whoopee, Yip, Yip, Yippee!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery