"supercharger boost question"

fe155

Enthusiast
Reaction score
\"supercharger boost question\"

I have a 2002 GTS with a Roe supercharger with 5# boost , how is it that Paxton
is offering their supercharger with 7.5 lb of boost for 2000 and newer vipers when i thought 5 was consider a safe limit due to the newer pistons. Have not called Paxton myself but just thought someone more experienced with this may know . And is it worth trying to get six pounds of boost out the Roe charger and would more fuel be needed . Sean had said someone milled down the pulley to get at 6 but i dont know what happened after that. thanks Jeff

S

SUN RA KAT

Re: \"supercharger boost question\"

The Roe Supercharger is running constantly at 5 pounds boost from 2000 RPMs on up & the Paxton only runs above 5 pounds at higher RPMs. That is why the Paxton can go to a higher boost, I think.

GASDOC

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think its making more boost because it has an intercooler.Anybody out there want to help us Roe SC guys out with an aftercooler or intercooler ??

OP
OP
F

fe155

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I thought also maybe because of the intercooler but it still has higher pressure even though it may be a little lower air temperature . And i think this higher pressure is what may be a problem since the new pistons have less distance from the top to the first ring.

OP
OP
F

fe155

Enthusiast
Reaction score

To Sun Ra Kat , what modifications do you have to get 580 rwhp ?
Also how is the vec 2.1 working ? i upgraded and am using the #2 timing card
but have managed to get a check engine light .

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re:

Anybody out there want to help us Roe SC guys out with an aftercooler or intercooler ??

Sean & Larry are working on one, and I'm sure Scott will get his .02 in before it's over as well. :) Stay tuned.