Supercharger or H/C?

DEADEYE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Can someone give me a basic rundown on what each would cost? I figure about 8k for a Roe installed, but how much hp on a stock engine? How much for an aggressive H/C and install job and what will that yield in the HP dept? If they are about the same I'll just go H/C and spray it. Oh, this would be on a pre '00 gen 2 GTS. I know each would benefit from headers so that will be installed either way.Thanks.

mntngts99

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I do Know that my Roe on a stock motor with only H/F cats and Cat-back made almost 600 rwhp. Need to spend a little more time on the tune and hope to make around 750 rwhp with a small shot. Cant say for the cost or #'s for the H/C

OP
OP
D

DEADEYE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow! I had no idea they would yield that kind of power! How much boost are you running?

mntngts99

Viper Owner
Reaction score
8 lb's..... I want to say that heads, cam, R&R, and headers should get you in the mid to high 500's . But cant say for sure.

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just an FYI, some Tuners are offering free install if you buy a Roe supercharger through them.

Tony Armour (1TONY1) and Macedo Motorsports are two I know of.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Price is not gonna be much different between the 2 now that there are several respectible and knowledgeable mechanics/tuners who are building h/c cars as well as installing s/c's.

That being said it really depends on what you are looking for. 2 very different types of powers and sound. The h/c will certainly be difficult to hide when your car is shaking the one right beside you when you pull up soomewhere while the s/c (Roe) is essentially unnoticeable.

So do you want stealth or not. I am partial to my h/c cam and with my "mild" cam I make 525/535. There are many others making high 500's with a more aggresive cam, but then drivability can be affected, where as putting a s/c on a car(at least a 5lb setup) really doesn't have any or very little affect on drivability and will make mid to high 500's at the wheels.

So IMO cost is not an issue. You can have both for the 8 grand easily and with a 100 shot I can run 10.5's or better all day long. From what I have seen you will need about 8lbs of boost to get there with a s/c and since you have a pre 00 car that can be done easily.

John

OP
OP
D

DEADEYE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies guys. Has anyone here done H/C + 200 shot? Can it be done safely with a proper tune? I'll probably go for the S/C route if the price is similar.

OP
OP
D

DEADEYE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for all the help. I've been a H/C nitrous ****** for a long time but I think it's time to try something different. I'm going to get blown this time around. Thanks again!

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For an awesome Roe, heads/cam package, or any variation, I'd recomend calling Larry Macedo at Macedo Motorsports.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didnt bother to read anyones responses, so bare with me if its a repeat.

I have had both, 500+hp heads and cam
and 600+hp SC

For all out Street driveability and consistency, I would do heads and cam. Especially if your going to road course the car, becuase track usage heats the $hit outta the SC set ups.

For Drag strip, lowest ET, highest mph, I would do SC.

All around best usage, H&C...

Jon

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How funny is that, a guy so excited about traction control aids yet has someone else drive his car? Is that not the ultimate aid?

And if we are talking hired guns, can you even fathom what my car would run with someone who knew what they were doing behind the wheel? :eek: Do you really want Jason in the seat instead of me?

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How funny is that, a guy so excited about traction control aids yet has someone else drive his car? Is that not the ultimate aid?

And if we are talking hired guns, can you even fathom what my car would run with someone who knew what they were doing behind the wheel? :eek: Do you really want Jason in the seat instead of me?

I for one would very much like to see you, Jason or anyone else drive your car without traction control. It would be a better way to evaluate (apples to apples) it against all the other unlimited cars. :2tu: :usa:

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Believe me, nobody wants to evaluate their current cars against the Big Heffner TT.

There will be some new packages hitting the strips soon so we'll see if someone can get close. But remember, that 75 and 168 is OLD news.

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Believe me, nobody wants to evaluate their current cars against the Big Heffner TT.

There will be some new packages hitting the strips soon so we'll see if someone can get close. But remember, that 75 and 168 is OLD news.

Tell me about it! I think you've repeated it like 100 times. If your head hasn't shrunk yet you may need Jason to drive it for you.

OP
OP
D

DEADEYE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If I go the N20 route, what would I have to do to the car (96 GTS) to prepare it for a 200 shot? Any rocker upgrades, fuel pump?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960