Supercharger Testing, High Output Kit Development News..

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to give you a little look at what we’re developing for the future.
The results below are of our standard Supercharger system (on a stock engine with bolt on upgrades) at 5 psi compared to our High Output upgrade kit with 8 psi boost, larger injectors, fuel pump voltage booster, etc. Tuning is not finished yet, but is coming along nicely (I was pulling out a little too much timing between 2,200 and 2,700 rpm).

Drivability and power is good. This particular run was done one 93-octane fuel mixed with 100 octane so we could add a couple of degrees of spark advance at the top. We we're trying to get a feel of how much power we could get at the top end. The stock engine was boost creeping above 5,000 RPM and the power was flattening out (engine couldn't flow what the Supercharger was forcing in).

You must be registered for see images

Here are the actual and SAE corrected numbers from the two runs:

For comparisons, below is an older graph showing the engine output before and after the 5 psi Supercharger kit.

Sean

Keller

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sean
I'm VERY suprised that the stock engine could not flow over 650 RWHP. I used to own a Supra and the stock I6 could flow well over 650 RWHP. Some were seeing #'s as high as 750+ on stock heads. What do you attribute this too? Where is the bottle neck? I would be suprised if it was the heads...
I have since sold my Supra but am looking to get into a Viper soon and will be purchasing one of your kits. Keep up the good work!
Thanks
Josh Keller

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sean, looks like you need to try some ported heads, and I need some forged pistons. :)

Josh, I took the same position in the thread linked below, and I still don't understand it either, but Sean has been doing the testing and is in a much better position to give factual data than I am.

http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB14&Number=123777&Forum=UBB14&Words=Sean%20Roe&Match=Username&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=1month&Main=123777&Search=true#Post123777

OP
OP
S

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You're right Ronnie :)

Since there are Viper engines out there making over 720 rear wheel HP with our 5 psi kit that have head work and an aftermarket cam, I'd say that's definitely where the restriction is. This just looks like it's about it without getting inside the engine.
We'll finish the H.O. Kit over the next few weeks and then start on a head and cam package with 5 and 8 psi.

Sean

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How much is your 8psi system and how much power could I expect out of my '96 GTS with 7K miles? It has Belanger Headers 3inch exhaust no cats HMS carbon fiber airbox and BTR NOS kit. How much off the NOS?

Thanks, Kenric

452rwhp
512rwt

OP
OP
S

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
How much is your 8psi system and how much power could I expect out of my '96 GTS with 7K miles? It has Belanger Headers 3inch exhaust no cats HMS carbon fiber airbox and BTR NOS kit. How much off the NOS?

Thanks, Kenric

452rwhp
512rwt

Since your car is making a little more power than ours was "pre-Supercharger", I'd say you'd have about the same power output as our '96 GTS with 15,200 miles. The only other differences would be the 70 mm throttle bodies and 1.7 rockers.

The H.O. kit will be something we can offer at the time of the Supercharger order as an economical upgrade, or later as a retrofit upgrade. It doesn't add any time to the installation other that the fuel pump voltage booster. Cost is still to be determined as testing is still continuing. But, off the top of my head, it may be a $750 option at the time of Supercharger purchase ($750 for an additional rear wheel 60 HP and torque in the midrange sounds pretty economical to me). The standard 5 psi kit will be going up to $7,495 at the end of this month (currently $6,995).

Sean

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info! I currently live in NM a mile high so I would go for the 8psi kit. I am thinking about your kit or a vortech system (Hefner kit). How can I get your before price? How is the drive ablity of the system is it very street able? Does the kit come with boost gauge?

Thanks again for the info I want BOOST! Kenric

OP
OP
S

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Just to clarify things a bit, this upgrade package is not going to be available any sooner than about 8 weeks. It's also only for forged piston cars and requires a minimum of 93 octane (unless you possibly setup your own water injection system on 91 octane).

I have some exhaust gas pressure tests to do, a little more tuning, verification on another car or two, then manufacturing of the pulley and fuel pump voltage booster, etc..

Will keep you posted as it progresses.

Sean

SneakyPete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sean,

I am going to go with the BTR Stage 2 Heads and cam, probably in March. Do you want to test the ** kit on my car after that? should have to only change the pulley, belt...etc

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
booth