Supercharger

rgavitt2002

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 02 with Bellanger headers, Random Tech cats, wires, K&N, 3:55's. I am ordering TD Roller rockers now, but want to supercharge as well. Looking at Heffner or Doug Levlin. Any thoughts or comments would be greatly appreciated. Also would like to change out to larger wheels strictly for cosmetic reasons, wheel gap I think is too large.Thanks!

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doug Levin builds a mean car. Search the archives and you'll see lots of happy customers. Heffner builds a mean one too, but the DLM beast is mine, and I couldn't be happier. 3 years plus of supercharged bliss...

JD

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Levin rocks. Great guy, great service, great product. Very hard to beat.

Never dealt with Heff so I can't comment. I can't remember hearing anything bad about him.

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree with everyone above..Can't go wrong with any of three choices..I went with DLM :headbang: because he made me feel like he was as meticulous about detail as I am and stands behind his work forever..When he said to me that my car will always be his car that sold me!

Adam

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I don't have a DLM "yet" but knowing Doug for a while (because he borrows money from me time to time :D ), he knows his stuff and overbuilds everything. You wanna a supercharger he will give you a space shuttle. ha! Actually he doesn't borrow money from me....it's more like the otherway around. :D :mad:

OP
OP
R

rgavitt2002

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How long does he take? I have heard it he has your car for months and months! I don;t want to live without it that long. Can you make an appointment? Okay, I will call him and ask him that question. Has anyone been told 2 months and had it turn into 6-8 months?ThanksRG

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can only speak from my own experience and I love my Heffner supercharged Viper. The quality of work, the results on the dyno and the track, and the most incredible thrill ride you could imagine! Heffner also offers a twin turbo package that you should consider.

------------------
2000 Black RT/10
Heffner 1000SCi 843 rwhp 792 rwtq 10.20 ET @ 141 MPH
Heffner Performance - Home of the World's First 9-second supercharged Viper!

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All the tuners mentioned are great! Heffner was my choice, and now I won't go anywhere else as I move up! Look at my Media Gallery pictures and you can see the detail in his work! :2tu:
Usually, I need Jason in May, so you have a little time to get your car there! :D

Chuck B 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Every good tuner I've EVER dealt with takes time. Sometimes a looong time.
I had LPE build me a 427tt C5 and it took months but it was well worth it. DLM has a waiting list and is working on getting cars out faster. I've had my DLM car for 3 years and love it. Best car I've ever owned!!!
Chuck

BLOWNGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Give Underground Racing a call, 704 361 3443. Talk to Kevin. If you want to go Paxton route as I did he can hook you up with a great deal and a fast car.

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How long did he have your car? Thanks,
RG

My car was the prototype for Jason's current system, so it took a few months. That included a complete engine rebuild. Since then I've seen him do an install in as little as 1 week and usually (depending on whether you are rebuilding your engine or not) more like a couple of months.

The amount of time it takes depends on a lot of factors including;

- tuner's backlog
- availability of parts (if they are in stock, the time is much shorter)
- the kind of work you want done and what you are trying to achieve (i.e., how much HP you want to make or if your engine is going to be rebuilt). A lot depends on if you're trying to push any "envelopes" in terms of performance.

Jason Heffner engineered his supercharger package from scratch several years ago. There are a couple of bolt-on kits out there (e.g., Paxton) that have taken advantage of the work done by the early innovators like Jason.

The best suggestion is to talk to the tuners that you're interested in and some of their customers (there are plenty of them on this board) and then decide for yourself what works for you.

Good luck!

-------------------
2000 Black RT/10
Heffner 1000SCi 843 rwhp 792 rwtq 10.20 ET @ 141 MPH
Heffner Performance - Home of the World's First 9-second supercharged Viper!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960