supercharger

JohnnyBravo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Synfull/Gary,

I am not much of a mechanic, but I installed the Roe blower myself on my car in a weekend. I did have a buddy help with the electrical stuff because it makes me nervous as all hell. Basically, instead of using all of the "quick connects" to hook up the VEC2, he stripped back the rubber shielding, soldered and shrink wrapped every single electrical connection. He also ran all power connections back to the battery directly (instead of just "tapping" into the main power leads).

The injectors get changed, but that's easy. I mean really easy. The only hard part is having the new injector clips soldered onto the harness. You don't HAVE to do that, but it's strongly recommended. The injector clips that Sean supplies are much nicer than the factory ones. And if you're already that deep into the install, you might as well do it. I don't know jack about soldering, so my buddy did that for me as well. Rumor has it that you can send Sean Roe your harness and for a nomimal fee, he'll solder all the new injector clips on it and send it back.

The instructions that Sean Roe provides are incredible. I only owned my Viper for about 90 days and had never even swapped out the air filters, but I was able to install the Supercharger pretty much by myself with a nice set of tools. Tuning was a different issue. The cards that Sean sent with the kit were good. His tuning over the phone was even better. But ultimately, I took the car to Performance By Joe in St. Louis to get the most out of it.

Hell, I even installed the water/methanol kit, which required mounting the pump up in the passenger rear wheel well and running lines to the front of the car by myself. And I'd never even changed the oil on the damn car before. That is NOT a tribute to my mechanical abilities, but to the intricacy and thoroughness of the instructions.

I purchased my supercharger, the spark plug wires, and the water/**** kit from Tony Armour (1TONY1) and he gave me an incredible deal. If you're looking into the Roe stuff, definitely call him. He not only sells the stuff, but he has one of the fastest Roe blower cars in the country.

The Roe blower was the best mod I've made to the car. If I had a spare $30,000 laying around, I would have gone with twin turbos. However, for about $8,000 and a weekend of my time, I now make 630/675 on pump gas. :)

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Johnny,
That's exactly what I wanted to hear. I am not a great solderer so I probably would want someone else to do that part. I know of 1tony1 and will definately give him a shout when I am ready.
Thanks for your help
Gary

JohnnyBravo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Johnny,
That's exactly what I wanted to hear. I am not a great solderer so I probably would want someone else to do that part. I know of 1tony1 and will definately give him a shout when I am ready.
Thanks for your help
Gary

Gary,

No problem at all. If you have any other questions, let me know.

Good luck.

JB

OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow! that sounds good. Do you guys know what the kit will make with out the methanol injections?

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great info-thanks
I should have the money together in about 2-3 months. Until then I will learn all I can about it.