Support Our Troups!

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because they support us!:2tu:
Second from left (dark shades) Brandon, family friend of our recent-past president of the Western Canada VCA Craig Sandford, holds the banner he took to Afghanistan on his current tour of duty. If this doesn't make you proud to be Canadian, I don't know what would.:)
You must be registered for see images attach

RACR77

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Great picture!!! A big thank you to all our troops both Canadian and US that fight for our freedom.

racerjim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definatly Do support our troops, I have a support ribbon taped to my back window. I lost a cousin in afganistan a cuople of years ago, gone too young at 24. Keep your head down and come home safe!!

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm with our people over there 100%.

I went to Afghanistan just after the war started (not as a soldier....) - what a mess. It's a beautiful country but much of the infrastructure was destroyed or at least decayed. The country could use our help.

I hope that every soldier we send there finds value in what they did, and that they all come back happy and healthy.

Greg

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You bought a Harley? Now I've seen everything.:D

It's wierd. 20 years ago I wouldn't have bought an American made vehicle for nothing. Now I have an AM General, a Harley-Davidson, a Dodge and a Buick (stock car).

Out of 8 vehicles I don't have any brand duplicates either. It's not intentional - it's just how it ended up.
Yamaha, Suzuki, Harley, AM General, Dodge, Mazda and Buick.

I still don't have the bike - it's in transit from the factory.

Greg

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's wierd. 20 years ago I wouldn't have bought an American made vehicle for nothing. Now I have an AM General, a Harley-Davidson, a Dodge and a Buick (stock car).

Out of 8 vehicles I don't have any brand duplicates either. It's not intentional - it's just how it ended up.
Yamaha, Suzuki, Harley, AM General, Dodge, Mazda and Buick.

I still don't have the bike - it's in transit from the factory.

Greg

Just seems like every other vehicle you own is a dedicated weapon of choice for one activity or another, whereas the Cross Bones seems like it's dedicated to cruising from one watering hole to another.

Are you gonna try to get a lap time out of it this year? Cause that would be awesome to see.

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lap time....

Well, in 2009 I set a goal of a lap time better than 80 seconds - 1:20. I made it to 1:19.5.

Since then I've only had a handful of laps in the 1:19's. The track is getting rougher and rougher every year.

I'm not sure if I can beat it but I'll try. If I get the right day, with good tires and brakes it just might happen.

There's a problem though. Everyone wants a ride. I have no problem with that, but every time I give a ride it moves me further away from a faster lap. I go quick with a passenger but I never push it. So in terms of fast laps, they're wasted laps. Plus it puts your 'calibration' off a bit when you get used to carrying that extra weight.

Right now I'm happy with my lap time. No one in a stock car has beat it nor has anyone with a street legal car.

Who knows though?

Time will tell!

Greg

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK. On Tuesday night I did some laps (well... A lap) at Race City on the Harley.

It was fun but far from fast.

When I pulled into the pits several folks commented on the 'scraping noises'.

It's a fun bike, but it's no Gixxer!

Greg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21