Surprise in mail from Insurance company

xlrashn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Got my bill today for the Viper insurance and it went DOWN:2tu:!!! A very nice surprise indeed! State Farm is really treating me right, only $354 for full coverage for a year with $500 deduct.:2tu:

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
State Farm is really treating me right

Just hope you never have to file a claim. They're "like a good neighbor" as long as they never have to pay out.

State Farm canceled my homeowner's insurance, I turned around and canceled my auto insurance and now my new insurance companies are saving me over $600/yr from what I'd been paying State Farm.

I was so happy I sent State Farm a thank you letter to their Bloomington, IL headquarters. :2tu:

Affatica

Enthusiast
Reaction score
State Farm can **** it. I had one at fault accident and a speeding ticket a few years back and they cancelled my umbrella coverage stating that I was too much of a risk. They are an insurance company! Their entire business revolves around risk. That's what they do. Buncha panzies.

OP
OP
X

xlrashn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just hope you never have to file a claim. They're "like a good neighbor" as long as they never have to pay out.

State Farm canceled my homeowner's insurance, I turned around and canceled my auto insurance and now my new insurance companies are saving me over $600/yr from what I'd been paying State Farm.

I was so happy I sent State Farm a thank you letter to their Bloomington, IL headquarters. :2tu:

I have never had any problems with claims in the past. They have always been prompt and handled to my satisfaction. I can see your point based on what you had happen. I guess there are good and bad stories for just about every insurance company out there. I will continue to do business with them as long as my level of service stays good.:drive:

viperdude118

Viper Owner
Reaction score
wt...f? I pay like $1200/yr. And that was AFTER shopping around. Insurance is such a scam. :mad:

The vehicle density in CA is not even comparable to IA. The only risk to driving in IA, is that you might come around a corner fast and have a tractor out in the middle of the road going really slow.

Having said this now, it occurred to me that my only accidents and speeding tickets I've ever had have been in IA.

OP
OP
X

xlrashn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Having said this now, it occurred to me that my only accidents and speeding tickets I've ever had have been in IA.[/QUOTE]

Did you live here in IA at one time? If so, where?

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys are lucky. Being a 21 year old male with their own car is not fun. $700/month on a grocery getter!

WHAT?!?!?! I had a turbo RX-7 at 21 in Virginia and my rates were nowhere NEAR that. What's your record look like, and who are you insured with?

GBS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Insurance companies ****. Between my wife and I we have 6 cars and none of them are that cheap.

Tusc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I always pump USAA when insurance is brought up. Awesome rates, unbeatable service. One at-fault wreck, one vandalism/break-in claim, and a nasty ticket record from 16 to 21... I've priced out others, but have not beaten my payments yet. Though I'm about to dump my USAA credit card, the rates on that are sick and it's time to swap up unless they cut it in half.

viperdude118

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Having said this now, it occurred to me that my only accidents and speeding tickets I've ever had have been in IA.

Did you live here in IA at one time? If so, where?[/quote]

Yeah, I grew up in IA, spent 18 years there. In Clinton as a matter of fact, just a little north of the Quad Cities. Very rare did I ever see vipers, maybe like once a year or something.

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe for just basic liability. I think my '01 with USAA is about that. Add in Un/Underinsured, Comp, rental, towing, and 100/300 liability, etc. etc. (i.e Real Insurance)...I doubt State Farm is anywhere near $177 when the rug is pulled back a bit further.

OP
OP
X

xlrashn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Maybe for just basic liability. I think my '01 with USAA is about that. Add in Un/Underinsured, Comp, rental, towing, and 100/300 liability, etc. etc. (i.e Real Insurance)...I doubt State Farm is anywhere near $177 when the rug is pulled back a bit further.

I assure you that this is FULL coverage with all the coverages you mentioned and a $500 deductable for the $177 per 6mos $354 per year. I do get discounts for having the house with them too, as well as a multi-vehicle discount.:drive:

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got you beat, my State Farm bill for 6 mos (March 08-Sept 08) shows $51.97..

But I think that amount has to do with when my Winter layup cuts off max coverage in Sept or so. I know I'm paying more than $51.97 for 6 mos.

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just got a new policy from my agent. My old one was $480/6 months through Progressive with a discount for paying it bi-annually rather than monthly. He talked to Traveler's Insurance and my rate is now $37.50/month for a secondary vehicle, male driver, married, 27 with a clean record...IN TEXAS, home of the uninsured driver.

Martin2000GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish I was you guys......24 year old male ....bad driving record....all i have is a 2002 explorer sport with 135,000 miles and a 2000 GTS and I pay a little over $5000 per year..and the funny thing is, im just listed as a driver on my moms insurance!!!!! Imagine if these cars were under my name yikes!!! I hate Massachusetts our insurance is off the wall!! well i guess its partly my fault..well the viper too hehe

94yellow

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have state farm in pa $ 280/ 6month and $150 fire and theft in storage. Cheaper then what my Shelby GT 500 was.

488civ10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

rental and towing options are usually not worthwhile services, depending on what the fine print says it provides.

xlrashn, does your policy with state farm have an annual mileage limit? that's a really good deal either way.

out here in california, i suggest to most friends they get an umbrella policy. 100/300/100, or 250/500/250 doesn't go very far. in case of a bad scenario, you could easily find yourself short much more.

OP
OP
X

xlrashn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
rental and towing options are usually not worthwhile services, depending on what the fine print says it provides.

xlrashn, does your policy with state farm have an annual mileage limit? that's a really good deal either way.

out here in california, i suggest to most friends they get an umbrella policy. 100/300/100, or 250/500/250 doesn't go very far. in case of a bad scenario, you could easily find yourself short much more.

No mileage limit on the coverage to answer your question. Also this is fully covered for 12 months, I don't drop any coverage for winter....never know when you get that GOOD weather day in Jan or Feb.

488civ10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BigBadViper
Mine is $114 for comp only right now.

For full coverage it is about $540 per year, with 250/500 and $500 ded.

you definitely want collision... you never know when the snake can get away from you.

RAYSIR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got my bill today for the Viper insurance and it went DOWN:2tu:!!! A very nice surprise indeed! State Farm is really treating me right, only $354 for full coverage for a year with $500 deduct.:2tu:

For a year?? My Stae Farm will only quote and insure for 6 month policies. It's about 600. but I can cancel collision when it's stored in winter.:2tu:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang