Suspension Help

Hav One

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am going to be replacing the rear tie rods on my Gen 3. Now there is a lot of different terminology being thrown around, "inner tie rod, outer tie rod, link rod, toe link", getting a little dazed a confused.
From what I understand I need to replace the toe link and outer tie rod. Two questions, Does the ball joint have to be replaced when doing this? Do you have to replace the hub bearing assembly?
If you have any thoughts, past experiences, etc. would be very much appreciated!! :D

Tail lights

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No and no, but a toe-in alignment is required after. also pay attention to the 2 bolts that hold the to link to the frame, The outboard mounting hole of the link, is slotted for up and down adjustment . Mount the new 1 in the exact same spot, Then get a good toe adjustment,and thrust alignment. it's an easy job, the only special tool needed is a pickle fork,polish it up and grease it.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Sometimes "pickle forks" work pretty well, sometimes not so well.

I bought a special tool, identified in the owner's manual as: C 4150A that seems to work better than a pickle fork. Your local dealer should be able to direct you to the supplier.

With the special tool, this is pretty easy, just do as Tail lights recommends. Get a good alignment when work has been completed.

Dan

OP
OP
H

Hav One

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys I really appreciate your help!! Trying to learn all I can! :drive:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members