Suspension setting for 2002 ACR?

Tripple-V

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Maybe some of you Racers or Suspension cracks out there can help me with my issue. As the Thread title says, I need some advice for a proper suspension setting.
The staus quo is: All settings are factory settings (compression, rebound & ridehight). The car runs on OEM-BBS with Toyo-R888 (semis).
I use the car, well, 50% on the track (I mean roadcourses, NOT dragrace). This setting would have the priority. That said, I know that with a "track-setting" the comfort goes lost! Thats OK for me.
So, what would help me, are some datas on compression & rebound, some of you made good experiences with.
I also will lower the car 0'5" , not more, as I want to keep some usefull cround clearance.
Any advice or input from you Viper-fellows would be just GREAT!
Thank you & greetings from Switzerland.
Oh...btw I LOVE that car!!!!:headbang: It's a dream come true, for me..!!!

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't help you with the suspension stuff, but I bet a big V10 is a head turner in your country. Any trouble keeping up with all those high winding prancing horse cars?

OP
OP
Tripple-V

Tripple-V

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi Dave6666,
the car realy still turns heads after 15 years is't on the market ('92 RT/10).
No trouble with those nervous italian or german...(btw I also like them...live and let live, is my device ;) )! Since the viper won so many races also here in europe since 1998 (3-times Le Mans GTS winner, 3 times overall winner at the 24h-Race at the famous Nürburgring northloop, overall victories at the 24h-Race at Spa, several FIA-GT-titles)! Everyone with fuel in the vanes knows the viper...the others get their lessons every now and then...:D

OP
OP
Tripple-V

Tripple-V

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No one arround, who changed the setting on their ACR, or who is experienced with Dynamic Suspension shocks?

...or are you guys on the tracks, right now, to figure out the right setting to tell me...;)

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Tirpple-V,

I have an 01 GTS ACR. I can't speak for all of us, but I lost my Dynamics due to leakage at about 11,000 miles. Many of us have lost them as well.

I replaced them with Motons and never looked back. Much better product IMHO.

Good luck with your Dynamics,

Dan

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tirpple-V,

I have an 01 GTS ACR. I can't speak for all of us, but I lost my Dynamics due to leakage at about 11,000 miles. Many of us have lost them as well.

I replaced them with Motons and never looked back. Much better product IMHO.

Good luck with your Dynamics,

Dan

A product that was supplied 7 - 8 years ago in comparison? Ok.. a completely unfair judgement, it's like comparing a 8 year old computer against todays technology. You should do a bit of on-line research before broadcasting this, DS supplies F1 / Indy / Daytona.. and research what the others do not accomplish in comparison.

Tripple-V - Did you get the ACR tool yet? I suspect it is sitting at customs on your end.. I have the mailing receipt, as of Sept 21. If it got lost, let me know.

Mike

OP
OP
Tripple-V

Tripple-V

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Mike !!!

The ACR tool arrived savely over here!!!

Thank you soooooo much!!! I realy apprecciate your help in this issue!
I also thank you for your infos & advice considering the Dynamic suspension shocks!!! I'm realy happy with them!

Mike, your Swiss Choccolate is on the way to Canada.. ;) !!!

Thank you again and happy hollidays !

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
"A product that was supplied 7 - 8 years ago in comparison? Ok.. a completely unfair judgement, it's like comparing a 8 year old computer against todays technology. You should do a bit of on-line research before broadcasting this, DS supplies F1 / Indy / Daytona.. and research what the others do not accomplish in comparison."

Mike,

Not sure why the nasty comments or why you're popping off at all, (Do you work for Dynamic?????) but the Dynamic shocks in the GTS ACR Vipers just have not held up or performed well for us here on the West Coast.

These OE Dynamics have failed prematurely in every GTS ACR that I know of, and that's a bunch. We have over 3000 Vipers (that we know of) living here in So Cal, likely more than any other metro area in the world. FYI, my 2001 ACR experienced shock failure in 2004 at 11,000 miles - so they lasted less than 3 years.

I've had the Motons on the car now for about 3 years and 20,000 miles including about 40 track days without any issues.

I (and many others) wish these Dynamics would have lasted longer and performed better - but they did not. Do you really think any of us liked spending 5K to replace relatively new shocks that failed prematurely on a low mileage car?????

Finally, I don't need to do any "on line" research to tell you that the Motons have lasted longer and performed better than the OE Dynamics. Based upon my personal experience, I would not buy or recommend Dynamic shocks in the future for any reason. They should have done a better job making the OE shocks that they provided to Dodge or at least they should offer to rebuild them at no cost. To my knowledge, Dynamic has not offered to do this.

Dodge does listen to us and I'm sure that they pay attention to warranty claims. Any doubt why Dodge switched to KW shocks for the new ACR?

Dan

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang