Suspension spring compressor recommendations?

Viper98912

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When putting on my spring caps, I used a couple of "fork" rentals from Autozone and used them together to get the stock springs to compress just enough to slide in the caps. This won't work for completely removing the stock springs due to the way I had to mount it.

I have the screw & hook style as well, but since the hook is too thick, it won't fit in between the coils. Some recommend the wall-mounted hydraulic version that some shops have on the wall, but I don't know of any shops around here that have that.

What other compressors do you guys recommend (whether manual or hydraulic) that worked in changing out your springs? I'm thinking of going Eibachs & stock caps and 3/4 Koni settings (stockers).

rpm9000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the screw type compressor and I had to grind down the end blocks that go through the spring coils. Once I did that they worked fine. I have changed springs with them 4 or 5 times.

Luisv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wall mounted is what I used....

I did the Eibach springs a while back. I ended up finding a shop with one and a $40 tip got me access.... ;-)

Grisoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used Harbor Freight's screw-drive fork units (one on each side) to R&R my rear springs (to swap the perch mounts) with no problem. A lot easier if you use an impact wrench (air or electric) to spin the rod up and down.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang