SVS back with land speed Viper

OrecaGTS-R/T

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just recieved my VIPER magazine (summer 2002) yesterday and noticed in the TechNotes section with Herb Helbig (p.34), the pic at the top of the page shows a very interesting looking Viper. There is an SVS Team Viper sticker above the drivers door so after matching that with the talk of the land speed record attempt in the "coming next issue" section, i can only figure that the car in the picture is the SVS TT. The raised hood, full style closed wheels and chute on the back, makes it look like a mean machine. Any further pics or info on the car in recent times??

Its changed a lot from the old stars and stripes version.

Rowan.

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Herb is always in discussion with SVSi, since he and SVSi are so inclined to break every land speed record with Viper. But the car in the picture is actually a PVO vehicle that has a few event records at a few different events. Send Herb a letter and I am certain that he will reply in his column. That being said, Herb may have borrowed some of the SVSi parts to achieve certain goals???? I guess only SVSI and Herb will ever know?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte